Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refunds

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know they want to keep our money as long as possible, but honestly would it be that difficult to have; a deadline, then 1 week later results posted, then another week later refunds in the mail?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why don't you guys submit online?
    You buy the license and you don't get charged for the tag unless you draw it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelduster View Post
    Try that in Colorado, New Mexico & Wyoming and see what happens.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    I know they want to keep our money as long as possible, but honestly would it be that difficult to have; a deadline, then 1 week later results posted, then another week later refunds in the mail?
    To do this the deadline in most of the states for deer, elk & antelope would be a lot later. When they post all the info (online or in booklets) they have not firmed up the number of tags they plan on selling. I'm betting they do know the number of sheep, goat & moose tags they want to sell. They really do want to keep all our $$$ for as long as they can, even at the low interest rates we get today, its a chunk of change.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelduster View Post
    What state does it like this? Wyoming has about a grand of my money, since late Feb I think. I applied online.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    What state does it like this? Wyoming has about a grand of my money, since late Feb I think. I applied online.
    Nevada, Oregon & Arizona are the only three I know of.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Seems silly not to put in for those States. I'll have to read up on them more though. I just assumed all states took your money until the drawing.

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post

Idaho even gives you a couple weeks to buy the tag if you draw and if you dont buy it the tag goes into the 2nd drawing. The downside to this type of system is you have to buy a non refundable hunting license and pay app fees even if you just want points. Nevada cost me $230, Idaho will be about $185 I think and none of it is refundable.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I'm looking for Ideas on how to rat hole that money for applications each year. I don't like having a balance on my Credit card, and paying interest on those low odds tag fees. I've managed to whittle down the balance since the application period, and I would ideally charge the card and pay it off before the next statement. Then the refund would go back into the cash reserve...
    At one time I figured $9k could be outstanding if I applied for all my dream hunts.

CD's?
    as cash in a brokerage account?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ^^^@2rocky

This is something I'm interested in as well. I'm I basically the same situation. Assuming I don't draw in WY, the cash would be mine because the card I charged it to will have a zero balance. Now....I could spend it, don't get me wrong. But it sure would be nice to put it in a "kitty purse" somewhere for future aps.

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker