Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Yeah here is another guy thats jumping ship, 6 points for sheep and moose are a complete waist if the market gets flooded with thousands of new applicants. I never understood why people can't pay the front money but they'll pay the tag fee if drawn.
    I don't wanna start a flame war between residents and non-residents, but I honestly think once in a lifetime tags would only benefit both res and non-res by charging the same full non-res price for all of us.

Sure it would cost more, but like you said all serious hunters would not have a problem paying the non-res price for a sheep/goat/or moose if that meant significantly better odds for all of those who apply.

what is max points in MT for sheep,goat,moose? anyone know off the top of their head? 20pts?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    what is max points in MT for sheep,goat,moose? anyone know off the top of their head? 20pts?
    It's 13 this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Yeah here is another guy thats jumping ship, 6 points for sheep and moose are a complete waist if the market gets flooded with thousands of new applicants. I never understood why people can't pay the front money but they'll pay the tag fee if drawn.
    I dont have the money to front fees to apply for alot of tags. The only tag i fronted this year is a CO deer app. Just buying points in WY. I will apply in ID and NV and If I do draw a tag I dont mind it going on my credit card and spreading it out some if I need too but I couldnt front fees for all those tags.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good for all of you that pulled out... enough is enough.. I get the economics and importance of the revenue but I don't think thats it. All the states, land owners, outfitters are taking the costs of hunting to a scary place. I pulled out of multiple applications as well.

As hunters we do it to ourselves we because we keep paying the fees, who knows what's coming down the pipe...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I stopped applying in MT since the deer/elk combos went up. It looks like alot of others did too since the odds went from 2-1 to having leftovers every year. Idaho went from selling out general tags in Dec to basically otc since most gen tags never sell out since they raised their prices. I know atleast the first year of the price increase tag sales went down so much they actually lost money. I believe OR did something similar to ID the year before but I didnt really follow that one. You would think eventually they would realize there is a limit to what we will pay but the trouble is it goes up everywhere and if you want to hunt out of state you got to pay it somewhere.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've got four points for bighorns and two for mtn. goats in MT. I wasn't thrilled to pay up front, but at least I knew that most of that money was coming back when the inevitable "unsuccessful" arrived. Now that it costs $70 non-refundable PER SPECIES, MT can kiss my backside as well. I think they're screwing themselves with the significant jump in fees for deer/elk and now trophy species, but if they want to hang themselves, they can go ahead and do so. I've also sworn off NV and AZ with their "buy a $150 hunting license up front" for the privilege of gaining a point.

There is a point at which the whole points game becomes a farce, and MT, NV, and AZ have arrived there in my book. I've never applied in NM (was thinking about it a few years ago), and now I'm glad I didn't with the way they chopped the non-resident, unguided proportions. Just ridiculous.