Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post

Compact Digital Cameras

Hello: Not sure this is the best category to post this question but I'm sure about everyone uses one. I'm searching for a small, compact digital camera. One that easily fits in a pocket and is carried most of the time. I don't need one with all the bells and whistles, just one that takes pretty good quality pics. My price range is + or - $100 on the net. Any suggestions? Thanks for your input!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Go to your local Walmart and take I look. I picked up a Canon PowerShot 20 megapixels for right around $100. The higher the pixels the better the picture, should have multiple choices there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    The higher the pixels the better the picture,
    This far from the truth with small sensor compacts. More megapixels means more noise, worse high ISO performance, and bigger files.

The Sony w720 is a solid inexpensive compact, but even it's 16 megapixels is a bit much for the tiny sensor. I wish it were 8 or 10.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I am disappointed with the battery door latch on the Nikon Coolpix cameras I have owned. Two of them have broken ( I forget the model #) I was attracted by the water and shockproof claim of the s31. I'm going to look for another brand.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    This far from the truth with small sensor compacts. More megapixels means more noise, worse high ISO performance, and bigger files.
    ?The Sony w720 is a solid inexpensive compact, but even it's 16 megapixels is a bit much for the tiny sensor. I wish it were 8 or 10.
    Ya okay, I'm not a camera guru and never will pretend to be. OP is asking for something simple with no bells and whistles.....all that camera talk is irrelevant in my opinion. He just wants to take pictures, most likely on auto focus. I know my 20 megapixel camera pictures are 10 times better than my 12 megapixel Canon rebel in this aspect.....so as far as I'm concerned, the more megapixels the better.

Just my experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    ?The Sony w720 is a solid inexpensive compact, but even it's 16 megapixels is a bit much for the tiny sensor. I wish it were 8 or 10.
    Ya okay, I'm not a camera guru and never will pretend to be. OP is asking for something simple with no bells and whistles...... He just wants to take pictures, most likely on auto focus. I know my 20 megapixel camera pictures are 10 times better than my 12 megapixel Canon rebel in this aspect.....so as far as I'm concerned, the more megapixels the better.

Just my experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Now why did that post twice, weird

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rocky View Post
    I am disappointed with the battery door latch on the Nikon Coolpix cameras I have owned. Two of them have broken ( I forget the model #) I was attracted by the water and shockproof claim of the s31. I'm going to look for another brand.
    Just looked, Nikon CoolPix is what I have, model L28. Done good for what I use it for, best when put on my tripod.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm a Canon person, so one I'd look at is the Powershot SX150IS.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Panasonic Lumix that has a really good lens and 16 mp. Takes great pictures and was not much over your budget, I think around $130 or so.