Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm into a couple weeks now on the Garmin 620 with the heart monitor and really liking it. It is helping me learn how and when to push myself or back off other than how just how I feel. The mapping features, stats are good guide tools for running the hills on my 10.5 hill runs. It's probaly not somthing you need to have but the analyitical part of me likes seeing my progress and breakdown on my progress. It keeps a running log for me without my writing a thing and uploads wireless automaticly to my computer or mobile device. I'm going to test it out running intervals. Seems like a good tool so far for what I wanted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 4 Posts
    wishing garmin had an backcountry gps and a athletic gps in one.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    They do make one, tactix. It does similar in function heart rate, cadence, pace and adds mapping, waypoints, ect for viewing on the watch. My eyes like a bit better screen though like on a handheld unit for navigation but they do make one for a possible option for those folks not needing a bigger screen with more detail. It wound be nice to be able to combine the best handheld and add the fitness functions to it and add it to wrist viewing option when wanted to hold it when running. The way technology is advancing, lighter weight units, thinning, screen detail, clarity and battery efficiency, I would like to think that would be in the development and it would be nice to see too.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 05-17-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well you can use many of the new Garmin units with their heart rate monitor and although the wrist functionality isn't present you could buy a less expensive wrist unit and have that to look at while you go and take the back country GPS, if you have a place to store it while running, in order to access information at the end. I think you could make something work out using some combination of the two units depending on the workout.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Biggest problem is battery life!