Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post

Nevada MRS Sidebar

In the Nevada MRS in the Magazine there was a section about how the draw works......For OREGON!

Any chance there is that section written for Nevada? I'm trying to explain the process to a friend and I'd like to have a concise written backup.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts

Nevada MRS Sidebar

What do you need to know? I can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    What do you need to know? I can help you out.
    Sweet! How do I calculate my drawing odds in Nevada?

QQ

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuazyQuinton View Post

QQ

Lol, the only way you know your for sure if you will or won't draw is after the results are posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuazyQuinton View Post

QQ

Its a very simple formula. YOU DONT! LOL. Since the posted odds only relate to 1st choices there really is no way to know how many 2-5 choices there were. The only thing that I think gives you any idea at all is to look at how many points every one that did draw a tag had. The whole thing is just luck of the draw with your name in the hat more times every year.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    nvarcher, I appreciate your offer.

My questions so far:

Bonus points are squared. So does 0 points have 1 ticket to draw,what about 1 point?

Are all hunters in the draw selected from one big pool then go down the choices 1-5? Or is the Draw pool just that hunt per choice?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a subscription for one year to both EBJ and EHJ. During that time I found quite a lot of errors in the MRS sections for various states. Due to the recurring errors I didn't resubscribe. Not to mention all of the NV info is publicly available and easy to read at their website. Here's a link to some good info.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138717510/...me-Status-Book

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rocky View Post
    nvarcher, I appreciate your offer.

My questions so far:

Bonus points are squared. So does 0 points have 1 ticket to draw,what about 1 point?

Are all hunters in the draw selected from one big pool then go down the choices 1-5? Or is the Draw pool just that hunt per choice?
    BP's are squared plus you get 1 entry for the current year. With 0 points you have 1 entry, with 1 point you have 2 entries, with 2 points you have 5 entries, ect. You get a random number for every entry and your lowest random number is your position in the draw. When your number comes up they check for available tags for all of your hunt choices, then it goes to the next applicant.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 11 Posts
    Hey all, sorry for the inconvenience. The information in the Nevada side bar is all legit information, but like you said it is for Oregon and not Nevada. Thanks for letting us know this happened!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Hey all, sorry for the inconvenience. The information in the Nevada side bar is all legit information, but like you said it is for Oregon and not Nevada. Thanks for letting us know this happened!
    Wow. I don't mean to be blunt but it was a very obvious error. I can't believe this wasn't caught before printing. it was the first thing I noticed. I still love the magazine and it still contained good info. Also it says that only 1 sub-species of sheep can be applied for. That's not correct. Residents can apply for all 3 and non-residents can apply for cali and desert sheep.