Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    BP's are squared plus you get 1 entry for the current year. With 0 points you have 1 entry, with 1 point you have 2 entries, with 2 points you have 5 entries, ect. You get a random number for every entry and your lowest random number is your position in the draw. When your number comes up they check for available tags for all of your hunt choices, then it goes to the next applicant.
    MM, you nailed it. That's the draw in a nutshell.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Wow. I don't mean to be blunt but it was a very obvious error. I can't believe this wasn't caught before printing. it was the first thing I noticed. I still love the magazine and it still contained good info. Also it says that only 1 sub-species of sheep can be applied for. That's not correct. Residents can apply for all 3 and non-residents can apply for cali and desert sheep.
    I understood it in the MRS that you couldnt get points for both species of sheep like maybe you could just have 1 type of sheep points and they would be used for any sheep you drew but I was wondering if I would be able to apply for more then 1 species too up until I applied and it let me apply for both so I guess I will see if I get points for both this year or how it works out.

The split antelope season dates are also incorrect.They should be Aug 22-28 early and Aug 29- Sept 5 late except the late season in 041-042 and 205-208 is Sept 25- Oct 4.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I understood it in the MRS that you couldnt get points for both species of sheep like maybe you could just have 1 type of sheep points and they would be used for any sheep you drew but I was wondering if I would be able to apply for more then 1 species too up until I applied and it let me apply for both so I guess I will see if I get points for both this year or how it works out.

The split antelope season dates are also incorrect.They should be Aug 22-28 early and Aug 29- Sept 5 late except the late season in 041-042 and 205-208 is Sept 25- Oct 4.
    In Nevada you can earn points for all species of sheep. You can also apply for all species each year (although no Rocky tags to non-residents this year). I drew my desert a few years ago and currently have 2 points. I've got 19 California points. I was earning Rocky points (have 5) but can no longer apply.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 04-23-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    In Nevada you can earn points for all species of sheep. You can also apply for all species each year (although no Rocky tags to non-residents this year). I drew my desert a few years ago and currently have 2 points. I've got 19 California points. I was earning Rocky points (have 5) but can no longer apply.
    I know it has been like that but the MRS said it had changed although I havent seen anything on the NV site that said it had changed and nothing was different when I applied. What happens to points like for the Rocky when you cant apply anymore? Do they just sit there until there is a tag again? I dont have any for them but I have 2 for goats that I was wondering what would happen with them.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know it has been like that but the MRS said it had changed although I havent seen anything on the NV site that said it had changed and nothing was different when I applied. What happens to points like for the Rocky when you cant apply anymore? Do they just sit there until there is a tag again? I dont have any for them but I have 2 for goats that I was wondering what would happen with them.
    Hey MM,
    If I understand it right you do just keep the points until the numbers allow for an out of state tag again.
    As far as I know, you still build a point separately for every species you put in for and don't draw, if you purchase a license.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gonhunting247 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is another mistake in there too. It said that non res can apply as a party for deer and antelope. I was excited when I read that but when I applied I found out the truth. Proofread please

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 00BUCK View Post
    There is another mistake in there too. It said that non res can apply as a party for deer and antelope. I was excited when I read that but when I applied I found out the truth. Proofread please
    I believe the only thing you can apply for as a party is deer.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe the only thing you can apply for as a party is deer.
    You can apply for deer, female elk, and antelope with horns shorter than its ears (basically doe antelope).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Taken for the 2014 regs, basically like Alabama said but some hunts are specific to residency.

"Party applications for game tags are authorized for mule
    deer, antlerless elk and horns shorter than ears antelope. Do
    Not include applications for Bonus Points Only in a party.
    Party applications can be in the following manner: Mule
    deer – Hunts 1331, 1341, 1371 (Party applications can
    include residents and nonresidents), Hunt 1107 (resident
    junior hunters), Hunt 1101 (residents only), Hunt 1181
    (residents only) and resident depredation hunts (resident
    only). Antlerless elk – (The antlerless elk hunts are specific
    to residency. Parties must be all resident clients OR all
    nonresident clients, not mixed.) Hunts 4111, 4176, 4181
    (Residents only in the party), Hunt 4281 (Nonresidents only
    in the party). Horns shorter than ears antelope – Hunt 2181
    (Resident only)."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    IMHO this thread is very similar to the thread in the Utah Forum where members were discussing mistakes made in the MRS sections every year. It sort of makes it look like rookies are doing them and/or there is no proof reading to at least eliminate the major mistakes like having that Oregon "How to" on two different pages with one being in the Nevada section! Maybe that is strictly a printer problem that is not correctable at the Eastman Office though.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 04-28-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling