Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    if you drew you were notified by e-mail yesterday. they are not updating the website until 1000 today. I put in for 5 different tags and drew 1, archery Antelope in 33/32.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    We put in for a hunt that was UNDERSUBSCRIBED last year, and we still didn't draw!

If I don't draw some long shot elsewhere I will try Colorado or Montana OTC. Never had to do that in 20 years though. I apply for a lot. Would be a good year for my high point totals to work for me somewhere unexpected.

Last time I failed on a few 50%+ odds hunts was in 2012, and as the last results rolled in, got hit with a 1% lucky strike in New Hampshire for moose! So I'll remain optimistic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acook View Post
    if you drew you were notified by e-mail yesterday.
    That takes all the fun out of it. I have no reason to check now...
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Sure enough. My dad and I are both unsuccessful for elk and deer.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Ahhhhh finally the long awaited results for my ibex and sheep apps, and my wife's sheep app. I was sooooo excited (not!) to check the results this morning knowing I had virtually no chance to draw with the new non-resident allocations set after the applications were due. I hope NM enjoyed borrowing my $8000 along with millions from the other non-residents. That had to be the most unethical state drawing issue I have ever been involved in in 30 years of applying out of state.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, blanked it. I'll wait and see what the odds were this year before I decide what I apply for next year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    ......I was sooooo excited (not!) to check the results this morning knowing I had virtually no chance to draw with the new non-resident allocations set AFTER the applications were due. I hope NM enjoyed borrowing my $8000 along with millions from the other non-residents.........
    Should have all capped "after"....I fixed it for you. I wonder how this will affect next years applications. As in.....how many will drop out of applying for NMs ibex and sheep apps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am still in shock first yr for me and buddy to put in. and we drew elk tag for late sept. so now I need to start planning. any advice given would be greatly appericated. good luck to all that drew a tag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle_hunter View Post
    ...any advice given would be greatly appericated. good luck to all that drew a tag
    My advice is to go to the new members section and introduce yourself. Where you're from, where you hunt ect....then hang around the forum and gather as much info as you can, while sharing any experience you can to help others. This is a great forum. And I see that you filled out your profile, that's great!! Welcome to Eastman's, great bunch of people here....you'll love it. Best of luck on your hunt!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What Unit would help out also

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Big John For This Useful Post: