Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    New Mexico 2b. 0ct 25-29 2014

    Just found out that I drew 2b in New Mexico. The hunt is the second season so it is the 25-29 of October. I would love to chat with anyone about this area. I'm from Utah and can help return the favor if they wish to hunt here.
    Thanks. Anything is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Haworth Oklahoma
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Top b&c mule deer county in the world! Rio Arriba.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to swampokie For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats! Top b&c mule deer county in the world! Rio Arriba.
    There sure are a lot of them.......unfortunately most are from the Jicarilla Apache Reservation.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

    B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,076
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 242 Times in 198 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I've been in 2B 2 of the last 3 November rifle hunts on tags my buddy drew and the unit ain't what it's touted to be any more. There are just way too many tags being issued and with all the roads in the unit a lot of deer have been shot by road hunters, of which there are plenty. That's what I've read from every single person that has hunted it the last few years, but maybe you'll run into a good one. They have closed a lot of the roads now and maybe things will get back in the next few years, but we hunted as far off the roads as possible and just flat didn't see a buck to get excited about. My suggestion would be to pack in from a closed gate on Rosa Road and set up a camp as close to the lake as you can get. Then get up high and glass all day until you can't see!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 04-23-2014 at 08:09 PM.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I've been in 2B 2 of the last 3 November rifle hunts on tags my buddy drew and the unit ain't what it's touted to be any more. There are just way too many tags being issued and with all the roads in the unit a lot of deer have been shot by road hunters, of which there are plenty. That's what I've read from every single person that has hunted it the last few years, but maybe you'll run into a good one. They have closed a lot of the roads now and maybe things will get back in the next few years, but we hunted as far off the roads as possible and just flat didn't see a buck to get excited about. My suggestion would be to pack in from a closed gate on Rosa Road and set up a camp as close to the lake as you can get. Then get up high and glass all day until you can't see!
    Ya. I figured alot of this before I put in here. I'm just gonna get out and hike and glass. What are do u think my expectations should be on buck size? Score is just an idea. I go by how I like it. Shot distances? Maybe we can chat??

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,076
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 242 Times in 198 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'll send you a short PM!

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sent u a pm. I think in response to ur pm.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,076
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 242 Times in 198 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theist View Post
    I sent u a pm. I think in response to ur pm.
    Got it and just sent back a PM answering your questions!

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hug the Rez line and try to catch one that crosses over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayclarkie View Post
    Hug the Rez line and try to catch one that crosses over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    u ever hunted that area?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •