Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbowers View Post
    Well..I figured if I didn't have something intelligent to say....
    That hasn't stopped me

Seriously, I came here to see if I could extract some information. In the process I learned that this is just about the best board I have registered for and I have had some good conversations with some great folks.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I niver hav anyting inteeligint to sey butt I stills sez sumthin erery once inn a wile.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I came here for info as well but found the best forum with a great group of people. I hope you new guys feel the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
    That hasn't stopped me

Seriously, I came here to see if I could extract some information. In the process I learned that this is just about the best board I have registered for and I have had some good conversations with some great folks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swampokie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 76 Times in 10 Posts
    I really want a 16 series tag !!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey I did draw a Unit 24 Coues Deer tag and was planning to ask for help. I have never hunted Coues but wanted to give it a try. I have provided information to others where I could since joining. In most cases I have never heard if any of my info helped or not.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I cant help you with unit 24 but any chance at a coues is a great opportunity. I think that I saw a photo of a 100 in buck posted somewhere on this forum that either came from 16 or 24. Congrats and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefgobbler View Post
    Hey I did draw a Unit 24 Coues Deer tag and was planning to ask for help. I have never hunted Coues but wanted to give it a try. I have provided information to others where I could since joining. In most cases I have never heard if any of my info helped or not.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbowers View Post
    Now you've made me paranoid!. I've been on the Eastman forum for a long time and always read the NM forum. Does that count? Drew my first NM elk tag this year. Unit 17 2nd archery. But I'll wait a bit before asking for info..
    I have hunted 17 archery. Pm me I will help you the best I can. Get in shape it is one rugged sob at least where I hunted. Huge bulls in that country. There is some private land that tends to hold some monsters but they leave it on a regular basis. Spike in and kill a toad. They should be talking good. Make sure you can hunt the whole season or for sure the tail end.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Drawing a good tag is what got me to join the coueswhitetail.com forum a few years ago. I was active on there for a few years before I moved across the world and didn't get to hunt anymore. Point being, some of these guys would stick around if we were a little more cordial, not saying we need to give them secret spots by any means haha but there's no need for a newbie witch hunt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ive been on here a while but I do not post much because i dont have much knowledge on hunting the west. That being said I have hunted unit 16a once and any time a see a post I read it and if i can help anybody out I do on general questions many people never get a chance to see these units untill there hunt due to living on the east coast work ect. But when they do draw these awsome tags they are probably asking questions more about an area rather than asking for honey hole. Many of us whitetail hunters from the east have great knowledge on whitetail habitat and what to look for on areal photos to start to scout and set stands but when it comes to elk we are as green as the leaves in mid july. so all of you with your vast experience in the elk woods could be a gold mine of information to us with out ever telling where to hunt just knowledge could get us a great start on planning out hunts.