Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sierra Trading Post and Irish Setter...??

Anyone have issues with Irish Setter products or Sierra Trading Post?

This is a carry over from my Vasque Boot thread as I try to find a good reliable pair of boots for hunting rugged terrain in Colorado and Arizona.

Just tried on the Irish Setter Ridge Hawks from Sierra Trading Post and although the 11s fit OK, the width and play throughout to include length beyond toes calls for a 10.5. Nope, even thicker socks won't get it done IMO. Not a big deal since they allow exchanges.

What concerned me the most was the boots right out of the box had excessive glue/cement all along the seam of the boot material and sole. Then I saw a 1" section along the boot near the arch where the material was already separating from the sole.

Very disappointed with this craftsmanship and STP selling it in the condition they were in. I understand it's a discontinued model but defective in the box is not something I'd want on my resume...

Given I needed a smaller size, I've elected to try an exchange in hopes that it was an isolated incident. Reviews on this boot were pretty good but there was one that addressed sole separation after light/limited use.

If the next pair come the same way with excessive glue that looks like a refurbish/repair job, I'm writing Irish Setter off.

STP's customer service thus far has been outstanding. They're already processing the exchange pair as they wait for me to return these.

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. Lesson learned is when it comes to boots, don't purchase online if you haven't had a chance to touch, feel, try on, and inspect the boot... Really liking the Danner High Ground.
    Heli M Lost / Heli M Tactical
    Spot Hogg-It 7 Pin / Spot Hogg Hunter 3 or 5 pin
    B-Stinger Hunter Extreme Lost / Black
    QAD XD Lost / Black
    Carbon Express Aramid KV 350 / Blue Streak Select 350

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love STP but look closely at the product descriptions. Some are closeouts and some are seconds or rejects. I will buy the seconds on cheaper items but boots and others significant purchases are closeouts. Ive gotten a pair of Danner hood winters and some merino bases on there. Plus a ton of small odds and ends.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyArcher View Post
    Anyone have issues with Irish Setter products or Sierra Trading Post?

This is a carry over from my Vasque Boot thread as I try to find a good reliable pair of boots for hunting rugged terrain in Colorado and Arizona.

Just tried on the Irish Setter Ridge Hawks from Sierra Trading Post and although the 11s fit OK, the width and play throughout to include length beyond toes calls for a 10.5. Nope, even thicker socks won't get it done IMO. Not a big deal since they allow exchanges.

What concerned me the most was the boots right out of the box had excessive glue/cement all along the seam of the boot material and sole. Then I saw a 1" section along the boot near the arch where the material was already separating from the sole.

Very disappointed with this craftsmanship and STP selling it in the condition they were in. I understand it's a discontinued model but defective in the box is not something I'd want on my resume...

Given I needed a smaller size, I've elected to try an exchange in hopes that it was an isolated incident. Reviews on this boot were pretty good but there was one that addressed sole separation after light/limited use.

If the next pair come the same way with excessive glue that looks like a refurbish/repair job, I'm writing Irish Setter off.

STP's customer service thus far has been outstanding. They're already processing the exchange pair as they wait for me to return these.

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. Lesson learned is when it comes to boots, don't purchase online if you haven't had a chance to touch, feel, try on, and inspect the boot... Really liking the Danner High Ground.
    I understand the online boot buying frustration. I have been looking at the danner boots and tried going to stores to try things on but know one keeps 15s in stock. All the stores ive been to either say no we don't carry that high or we order it for you online could be a week or so to get in. So looking like online is my only option.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusvdk View Post
    I understand the online boot buying frustration. I have been looking at the danner boots and tried going to stores to try things on but know one keeps 15s in stock. All the stores ive been to either say no we don't carry that high or we order it for you online could be a week or so to get in. So looking like online is my only option.

I'm in the same boat, 14's are hard to come by in a store and I usually have to order online. Luckily Cabelas here in town has stock sometimes. I've bought my last two pairs of boots there. It's hard to be super picky when buying online. Zappos I believe has free unlimited returns to allow trying on, still a headache though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had luck at gander and cabelas with find a few 14s but asked about 15 at cabelas and they said they wont carry any 15s even shoes at there store. And gander was the one that told me it could take a week or more to get them in for me if I wanted to buy a pair. I noticed that danners is really the only boot company that has any variety of choices for size 15 most other companies you have to choice from like 2 or 3 kinds that they make that size