Thread: 16a

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

16a

16A New Mexico Elk
    Well i am sure that you have noticed that draw results are out for New Mexico. I am sure that there has been many overwhelming posts about this already. I was lucky enough to draw a 16A Archery Elk Tag starting the 19th of September. I am not asking for all of your honey holes. I work as a Fire Fighter during the summer which leaves me with about zero time to make a scouting trip down there, hence i am looking for some support about the unit. If you dont want to post on here i understand feel free to PM me. I appreciate anything i can get and any pictures or stories of previous hunts within the unit. Once again thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    you can find elk just about any where in the unit. I have never hunted 16a but have been there in september and have hunted 16b.
    there is alot of elk in 16a, you can find elk just about any where in the unit,and around that time they are really gettting going.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NMHUNTER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    hunted 16a a couple of years ago lots of elk. if you take the road up the mountain out of reserve there are many roads that go off of that some get pretty rough but that will stop a lot of people. you dont need to get far off the road but im sure it wouldnt hurt. pm me if you want.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Get ready to see tons of elk! Ranger3-94 pretty much nailed it. The elk in the Gila, as with anywhere else, tend to not be in the exact same place from year to year. Snow Lake always seems to have a big herd around it somewhere though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Joleary View Post
    16A New Mexico Elk
    Well i am sure that you have noticed that draw results are out for New Mexico. I am sure that there has been many overwhelming posts about this already. I was lucky enough to draw a 16A Archery Elk Tag starting the 19th of September. I am not asking for all of your honey holes. I work as a Fire Fighter during the summer which leaves me with about zero time to make a scouting trip down there, hence i am looking for some support about the unit. If you dont want to post on here i understand feel free to PM me. I appreciate anything i can get and any pictures or stories of previous hunts within the unit. Once again thanks for your time.
    How long did it take you to pull this tag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks guys i really appreciate that i will def send you a message and i drew this tag with my first year. I was amazed there was less chance of me drawing this tag than a sheep tag in my home state. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Go and buy a powerball ticket!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    had the first season last year pm me and ill give you tips I learned of area.jasonhoerning@yahoo.com