Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Info on Unit 8 late season Archery Elk

So I was lucky enough to draw an Arizona late season unit 8 Elk Archery Tag! I'm lucky as I have friends in Flagstaff that are helping me out a ton but can use any additional help any of you may have! I know this is a tough hunt with a low success percentage. I plan on spending the entire season if need be!! Anyone have any insight or words of wisdom? Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Stay away from Sycamore canyon unless you like crowds!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goinhuntn View Post
    Stay away from Sycamore canyon unless you like crowds!
    Have you hunted this area before I assume?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes have hunted this unit for both deer & elk. Its a good unit elk can be found thru out the unit. There are quite a few tags given out for the late rifle. Sycamore canyon is big & is a wilderness area, but the roads that deadend to the canyon get a lot of traffic. If there is no snow the elk will stay in the pines until snows pushes them into the lower juniper country. Garland Praire is a good place catch elk moving back & forth. There are good area around Coleman Lake, but it gets pressure too. You can get away from the crowds around Coleman Lake you just need to put your boots on the ground. Get a map from flatline maps & check out the area around Coleman lake & Barney flats & you will get into the elk.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goinhuntn View Post
    Yes have hunted this unit for both deer & elk. Its a good unit elk can be found thru out the unit. There are quite a few tags given out for the late rifle. Sycamore canyon is big & is a wilderness area, but the roads that deadend to the canyon get a lot of traffic. If there is no snow the elk will stay in the pines until snows pushes them into the lower juniper country. Garland Praire is a good place catch elk moving back & forth. There are good area around Coleman Lake, but it gets pressure too. You can get away from the crowds around Coleman Lake you just need to put your boots on the ground. Get a map from flatline maps & check out the area around Coleman lake & Barney flats & you will get into the elk.
    Thank you very much for the heads up! Every little bit of info helps and it will be a tough hunt for sure!! Let me know if you think of anything else!