Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think its personal preference and what you are used too. I like straight spotters because they are alot easier for me to find things in. The only advantage I can see to an angled is you can use it on a shorter tripod.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Angled is more comfortable to keep your neck in a natural position. It handles digiscoping way easier. You can rest your binos on the top of the eyepiece for really stable glassing. Target acquisition comes really easy after using a few times.

Straight is going to pack down smaller and has easy target acquisition right off the bat

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    i think it would be cool if some of these retailers that sell these things would do a clinic in the hills somewhere with their diff binos and spotters set up on pods for customers to actualy do hands on eye on testing. as was said earlier, in a store or even in a parking lot as i said earlier just doesnt do these things justice. i know id go and participate and would prob be more likely to buy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    i think it would be cool if some of these retailers that sell these things would do a clinic in the hills somewhere with their diff binos and spotters set up on pods for customers to actualy do hands on eye on testing. as was said earlier, in a store or even in a parking lot as i said earlier just doesnt do these things justice. i know id go and participate and would prob be more likely to buy.
    I have been working on doing a program with my website solooutdoor.com where I could send out an item ex. Straight razor spotter. The receiver uses it for a week or two, and then passes it on to whomever is next in line. (Receiver pays shipping, possible c.c deposit?) It would be able to be used on hunts, for people's own evaluations, also to help make the buying process easier. If someone decides they want to keep the item a "used" price tag would then be negotiated and they can keep it. I would then get another item in circulation. Here is the downside. I'm buying a product before sending it out. If some d-bag decides to keep it (w/out paying) I'm out the item, and the money. (For some reason I'm not overly worried about this happening, we're pretty trustworthy folks in this industry. But I may be naive..)

The downside to putting on a clinic (trust me I've debated this more than once) would be first off having a large enough stock of items to give people a good variance of options. And then hoping enough people attend to make it worth your time. Big stores such as bass pro, cabelas, sportsmans warehouse would not (IMO) find this appealing. They want to attract people into the store so they stumble into other shiny objects and fill their cart. I find this option appealing. BUT. Lack the capital of a big chain store to make it happen. It's a catch 22!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    valid point

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    I have been working on doing a program with my website solooutdoor.com where I could send out an item ex. Straight razor spotter. The receiver uses it for a week or two, and then passes it on to whomever is next in line. (Receiver pays shipping, possible c.c deposit?) It would be able to be used on hunts, for people's own evaluations, also to help make the buying process easier. If someone decides they want to keep the item a "used" price tag would then be negotiated and they can keep it. I would then get another item in circulation. Here is the downside. I'm buying a product before sending it out. If some d-bag decides to keep it (w/out paying) I'm out the item, and the money. (For some reason I'm not overly worried about this happening, we're pretty trustworthy folks in this industry. But I may be naive..)

The downside to putting on a clinic (trust me I've debated this more than once) would be first off having a large enough stock of items to give people a good variance of options. And then hoping enough people attend to make it worth your time. Big stores such as bass pro, cabelas, sportsmans warehouse would not (IMO) find this appealing. They want to attract people into the store so they stumble into other shiny objects and fill their cart. I find this option appealing. BUT. Lack the capital of a big chain store to make it happen. It's a catch 22!
    Love the thought of what you are talking about here with a "circulating spotter". It does seem like someone could take advantage of this pretty easily. I'm not sure how to combat this, but it would be awesome to keep a spotter, use it, like it, and buy it. I would just be worried someone would "rent" a spotter from you with their deposit, say they didn't like it, and return it. I guess you will just have to weigh the positives and negatives and see if it works out. Maybe a trial version. I know I'm still saving for a spotter and will contact you when I get the change. I'm interested in the straight vs angled since I've always had a straight.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've noticed going from straight to angled is pretty easy. But angled back to straight gets tricky. At least for me.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have the Razor HD in straight and wish i would have gotten the angled for all the reasons mentioned above. However, for using it with a window mount in the truck, the straight is nice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I prefer angled, the only time I like straight is when using a window mount in my truck.
    Just as idahobow stated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    I've had both, but I prefer straight. Angled is always a little awkward for me. Just personal preference.