Thread: Utah Muleys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Utah Muleys

I just recently booked a 2015 early season mule deer rifle hunt with R&K outfitters in Utah and I am wondering if anybody has some input on size of deer, deer numbers etc. I would like some feedback in terms of the size of deer I should expect to see under ideal conditions and see if anybody has hunted with them before. I have heard nothing but great things about this outfitter. I am in great physical condition and I hunt extremely hard in my home state of Montana but we just don't have the deer that we used too.

I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    After taking a look at this outfitter I feel I can give some moderate advice. The pictures from their web page look great, some very great animals. It appears that a majority of their hunting is done on CWMU property and you can check out the CWMU's here: http://wildlife.utah.gov/maps/public/list_cwmus.php

When I look at these tables I pay close attention to the average age of the animals harvested to get a feel for the potential size. I just used the contact names from R&K's web page and cross referenced them over to the CWMU operator names found on the provided link. I have hunted one of the CWMU units for elk and from that experience I found that deer were a better hunt. When you draw a public tag on the CWMU's they are often trying to get you to hire a guide, since it is the only way for them to make real money on the hunt, so they were always braggin' up the big animals that the properties hold. The CWMU operators keep the public hunters in confined hunting areas and there will be a lot more area for you to tap into. I saw plenty of deer on my elk hunt I would expect that you will see plenty of animals and if you can get to some of the less traveled parts you should have a great chance at nice sized animals. Operators were claiming to have easy access to large 200'' + deer but as we all know finding that size deer might not be that easy or realistic. Good look to you, R&K looks like they will treat you well while staying with them.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you for the feedback

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You'll have great hunt, I know some of the guides and they will put you on a great deer, all you have to do is make the shot. The lodge is also top notch.
    Shoot STR8

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RUTTIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Good luck. I'm sure the fall of 2015 can't get here quick enough. Anticipation is half of the fun though.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by clacklin009 View Post
    After taking a look at this outfitter I feel I can give some moderate advice. The pictures from their web page look great, some very great animals. It appears that a majority of their hunting is done on CWMU property and you can check out the CWMU's here: http://wildlife.utah.gov/maps/public/list_cwmus.php

When I look at these tables I pay close attention to the average age of the animals harvested to get a feel for the potential size. I just used the contact names from R&K's web page and cross referenced them over to the CWMU operator names found on the provided link. I have hunted one of the CWMU units for elk and from that experience I found that deer were a better hunt. When you draw a public tag on the CWMU's they are often trying to get you to hire a guide, since it is the only way for them to make real money on the hunt, so they were always braggin' up the big animals that the properties hold. The CWMU operators keep the public hunters in confined hunting areas and there will be a lot more area for you to tap into. I saw plenty of deer on my elk hunt I would expect that you will see plenty of animals and if you can get to some of the less traveled parts you should have a great chance at nice sized animals. Operators were claiming to have easy access to large 200'' + deer but as we all know finding that size deer might not be that easy or realistic. Good look to you, R&K looks like they will treat you well while staying with them.
    Is there a thank you button or a quick easy way to reply? I am fairly new to this forum stuff. Thank you much

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The anticipation is a killer for sure. I can offer some help for hunters interested in hunting Montana elk, bear, lion etc. I wished I had know about this forum sooner!

Thanks much

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is what I want to hear! I am excited to chase some big muleys. Do you live close to where I will be hunting?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm about 30 minutes from where they are based out of.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    30-45 minutes depending on the day.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All