Threaded View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow That time of year!!

Well its that time of year again. Tags are starting to be drawn and looking at the calender I start thinking about the season coming up. Like the past few years I am always trying ways to get the pack weight down a little before season. This year I sold or gave away a bunch of older stuff and put that money towards a few new Items to help with the pack weight. Last season I decided that this year I wanted to go with a two man tent instead of my one man. So I searched for a two man tent that weighed close to the same weight as my one man tent. My one man tent with stakes and poles weighed in at 3 lbs. 10 oz. For this season I ended up going with the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 which came in very close to the same weight, Packed weight is 3 lbs. 2 oz. So even though it has 1/3rd more floor space it is 8oz lighter.
    Something else I did for this year was change packs. I sold a few of my packs and I went from a pack that weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. with accessories to a pack that weighs in at 6 lbs. 13 oz. with accessories. Along with the weight savings the new pack is super comfortable at full pack weight.
    Last year my 7 day pack in weight was 58lb which included bow arrows and binoculars. this year I am trying to get that weight down to sub 50lbs. I am guessing the weight will be hovering in the 50 lb range when all is said and done. This is a big change for me since two years ago I was pushing 75lbs for a 7-10 day pack. I will post a list as I start putting everything together for hunting season. Right now with the few changes so far I have a net weight savings of 2 lbs. 13 oz. Doesn't sound like much but I think it is a good start on getting the weight down.

It would be nice to see what others here are packing in plus weights for their 5 day or 7 day trips.
    Post up what you are packing in!
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-29-2014 at 07:43 AM.