Threaded View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 10 Posts

Arrow That time of year!!

Well its that time of year again. Tags are starting to be drawn and looking at the calender I start thinking about the season coming up. Like the past few years I am always trying ways to get the pack weight down a little before season. This year I sold or gave away a bunch of older stuff and put that money towards a few new Items to help with the pack weight. Last season I decided that this year I wanted to go with a two man tent instead of my one man. So I searched for a two man tent that weighed close to the same weight as my one man tent. My one man tent with stakes and poles weighed in at 3 lbs. 10 oz. For this season I ended up going with the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 which came in very close to the same weight, Packed weight is 3 lbs. 2 oz. So even though it has 1/3rd more floor space it is 8oz lighter.
    Something else I did for this year was change packs. I sold a few of my packs and I went from a pack that weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. with accessories to a pack that weighs in at 6 lbs. 13 oz. with accessories. Along with the weight savings the new pack is super comfortable at full pack weight.
    Last year my 7 day pack in weight was 58lb which included bow arrows and binoculars. this year I am trying to get that weight down to sub 50lbs. I am guessing the weight will be hovering in the 50 lb range when all is said and done. This is a big change for me since two years ago I was pushing 75lbs for a 7-10 day pack. I will post a list as I start putting everything together for hunting season. Right now with the few changes so far I have a net weight savings of 2 lbs. 13 oz. Doesn't sound like much but I think it is a good start on getting the weight down.

It would be nice to see what others here are packing in plus weights for their 5 day or 7 day trips.
    Post up what you are packing in!
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-29-2014 at 07:43 AM.