Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gout

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MT dreaming View Post
    Right you all are. Hardstalk it has been called a "rich mans disease" because in midevil times only the very wealthy who could afford to eat a very rich heavy diet suffered with it. Its a mystery why I get it!! I talked with my doctor about allopurinol but he is hesitant to put me on a daily med for something that only flairs up every once and a while. My dad had to take allopurinol. I may have to eventually. My doctor seems to think for me it is several factors coming together all at the same time to create the "perfect storm"- diet (too much red meat and pork), alchohol, heredity and dehydration.
    I have read about the cherry extract as a treatment and may give it a try. I have seen the capsule/tablet but not liquid. Hey Shootbrownelk where did you get it- pharmacy, grocery or health food store? Thanks
    I got it on-line. I forget the place. I'll look it up. I bought a case, it lasts forever. I mix about a shot glass of the extract with 7-up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It sucks. A fan blowing on it wants to make you scream. I cut beer out completely and cut the soda way down too

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My Dr told me it is mostly inherited, but diet can play a big factor. In my case, don't really know as no one in my family has it. I don't eat a lot of red meat and don't drink much (12 pac of MGD lasts me a month!). I also havn't had an attack in 5 years or so. You are right tho...it is really painful.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley