Thread: smart gun

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

smart gun

whats everyones thoughts on the "smart gun" from what ive heard the nra is against it. id like to hear some insight.... pos and negs. i think its a cool concept but dont know much on it yet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I heard about this on the radio. Pretty interesting. It kindof looks like people who want to protect their children from accidents are a target market. I am not sure if they are worried about a home defense gun that is not locked up or what the use would be. As much trouble as smart phones seem to have with biometrics security I am kindof surprised they are up and running. It seems like the NRA is more opposed to the mandates in New Jersey that require guns be smart guns, but I didn't find an official NRA response looking quick. If a person chooses to buy a smart gun, good for them, but I kindof agree that it shouldn't be a mandate. That kindof gets down to the age old debate of government control vs. personal responsibility and freedoms. I can't blame New Jersey after the terrible tragedy, and it is one of their laws. It sounded like they were willing to repeal the law if it made smart guns available. The NRA is blocking sales I guess. The blocking sales after the attempted compromise, I am not sure about either.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 05-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I myself would not buy one. Don't have children at home, only wife and myself. I saw a video of it and you need to wear a special watch that emits a signal that allows the gun to fire. No watch, no bang. It also has to be really close to the gun. I don't disagree with the premise of making firearms safer, just have problems with how the antis are jamming it down our throats. The other problem I have with the methodology that is used is that electronics are not foolproof. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for some computer whiz to figure a way around the security aspect of it.

Just too many unanswered questions for me.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm all for safety but despise so called smartguns.
    Smart should describe the user not the object. We have too many government edicts as it is. Don't want your gun in the wrong hands? Buy a safe, lockbox, or some other device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts
    Anything that links via bluetooth or finger print scanner, from what I hear that's kinda the talk on the big hill woulda be prone to malfunctions. I for one wouldn't want to be a situation that needed a gun that wouldn't recognize the bracelet or scanner!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.northjersey.com/news/anal...-law-1.1023027
    Its all about the New Jersey gun ban law that would take effect as soon as the first smart gun is available in the country.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yeha, it all comes down to another way for the gov to have more control.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When we were kids, we were told to leave the guns alone or else extreme measures would be taken, ass whipping, we left them alone. It's a shame we don't live in that world anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wade View Post
    When we were kids, we were told to leave the guns alone or else extreme measures would be taken, ass whipping, we left them alone. It's a shame we don't live in that world anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My poor kid does. 1 warning. Dats it.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!