Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Antelope sheaths

Does anyone find horns from the antelope up in Wyo or Colo, NM, etc ? I could use a few for some art projects and will pay for shipping. Only need 4-5 of them. I would go look myself, but had my back fused up on a couple levels and can only go about 100 yds right now. If my x rays come back good in June , I get to start Physical therapy. Need to be fresh and not all cracked up. If you need money for them I would pay 3-4 bucks a piece for them. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuBijou View Post
    Does anyone find horns from the antelope up in Wyo or Colo, NM, etc ? I could use a few for some art projects and will pay for shipping. Only need 4-5 of them. I would go look myself, but had my back fused up on a couple levels and can only go about 100 yds right now. If my x rays come back good in June , I get to start Physical therapy. Need to be fresh and not all cracked up. If you need money for them I would pay 3-4 bucks a piece for them. Thanks
    Sheath drops in good condition are pretty rare. They fall off in late fall and typically there is snow already on the ground. They deteriorate pretty fast, much faster than an antler. I find them once in a while but mostly they have been on the ground a few months or longer. I bet you're best place to look would be ebay for "antelope sheaths".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with HiMtnHntr. I have found a few, but they are pretty cracked and worn out. They are just hair, not bone like an antler, so they don't hold up well. There might be some people that find them right away before they crack and break up. I checked out ebay and there were a couple listed. It is a cool idea for art projects and stuff. Good luck with your healing. Hope that goes well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have found recently shed antelope horns exactly twice in 30 years. They're hard to find, cows chew them up too. Why can't you use the skull plate with horns still attached? After awhile the horns come loose and can be easily removed. I have probably 30+ sets in the attic of my garage. Some are pretty big. PM me.