Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

new scope wanted

in market for a new scope, nothing to fancy. im eye balling the vortex diamondbacks, 4-12. anyone wanting to sell a scope let me know.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    in market for a new scope, nothing to fancy. im eye balling the vortex diamondbacks, 4-12. anyone wanting to sell a scope let me know.
    Used scopes go on ebay frequently... I have played the game a couple times on there and you really don't get that great of deals. They do however sell less than new... If your looking for cheap but yet decent quality, check out the new Redfield scopes or the Burris line. I have had good luck with both of them. If you looking for guaranteed long term quality, buy an upper end Leupold. I'm sure there are other great ones but these have never let me down so why switch?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Used scopes go on ebay frequently... I have played the game a couple times on there and you really don't get that great of deals. They do however sell less than new... If your looking for cheap but yet decent quality, check out the new Redfield scopes or the Burris line. I have had good luck with both of them. If you looking for guaranteed long term quality, buy an upper end Leupold. I'm sure there are other great ones but these have never let me down so why switch?
    Leupold bought the rights to Redfield and are now producing it as a cheaper line to the regular Leupold. scopes. One thing I've found with Leupold is that they honor their warranty, no questions asked. You can buy a used one and send it back to them for a checkup, pretty cheap too. I shoot Leupold exclusively, I have 10 of them.

My Dad had an old Leupold 6x on his sporterized Springfield for years, it was actually pre "gold ring". He fell and dropped the rifle and broke the scope, cracked the front lens. I sent the scope to Leupold to see if it could be repaired. They called me and asked about it, I told them how long my Dad had had it and about a week later a new 6x Gold Ring arrived....they wouldn't even let me pay for postage. That's customer service!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know what anyone's opinion of Minox is, but they look fine to me after researching them a bit. The ZV3 line is really cheap right now online at Bud's Gunshop. (Typically near $200, now $140). They are 3x9s.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Leupold bought the rights to Redfield and are now producing it as a cheaper line to the regular Leupold. scopes. One thing I've found with Leupold is that they honor their warranty, no questions asked. You can buy a used one and send it back to them for a checkup, pretty cheap too. I shoot Leupold exclusively, I have 10 of them.

My Dad had an old Leupold 6x on his sporterized Springfield for years, it was actually pre "gold ring". He fell and dropped the rifle and broke the scope, cracked the front lens. I sent the scope to Leupold to see if it could be repaired. They called me and asked about it, I told them how long my Dad had had it and about a week later a new 6x Gold Ring arrived....they wouldn't even let me pay for postage. That's customer service!!
    I am with you...no reason to take a chance on your scope. There are enough other variables to stress over, your scope shouldn't be one of them! You can't go wrong with the upper end Leupolds...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am very happy with my Vortex riflescopes, although mine are Vipers.

You don't find many disappointed Diamondback owners either.

I used to only run Leupold riflescopes, but have mostly moved away from Leupold lately because it you get more for your money with other brands, at no expense in quality or durability in my experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ive heard alot of good on vortex optics. ive allways been a nikon man but really liking those diamondbacks. thanks for the input guys. i did buy a pair of redfield 10x12 binos for my brother a couple years ago and i was impressed with them for the price, they stood hand in hand with my nilkons. and bb where have ya been, havent seen ur name in a while. shoulda known an optic question woulda pulled ya out of the woods though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have you considered keeping an eye on the demo section @ cameralandny?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Buy a used Leupold and get a free warranty. You can usually find one on-line for 1/2 of the new price.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will never understand why anyone would go to the woods with anything but leupold. I understand we all have different opinions and there are other proven brands but in the end the reliability and service will never be bested. I have had bad experiences with other companies ie. Nikon because of crappy customer service. I would challenge anyone to find a person that had anything but praise for leupolds customer service or warranty on their scopes.