Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Family Camping/Introducing my daughters to the great outdoors

Hey guys, I was just sitting here thinking, with all this nice weather now, its about time for some spring/summer camping. You see, I love camping as does my wife. We have two little girls and i will do everything in my power to make sure they are introduced and given every opportunity to learn and love the outdoors in hopes of becoming my hunting partners if they so choose. I cannot confirm or deny that I may have ulterior motives in this as well, which include:

1) Summer Scouting
    2) Adding to my gear collections, ("hey its for you and the kids")
    3) Creating a wonderful bond with my daughters that no boy will ever break. Notice I said boy, I have given into the fact that someday they will find a man, in the mean time I am hoping the boys stay away.
    4) And finally, getting my lazy @ss in shape for archery season.

With all my fine reasons above, I was curious if any of you guys would want to share some good camping spots/areas that are both "remote" yet do-able with a young family. My daughters are 6 and 3, so areas away from town, fishing available, hiking and animal scenery would be great, as well as a designated campground area so we can do the ol' campfire smores. I already have a few trips planned to this years OTC area to check on things as well. I should add, we are in Northern Colorado, but are up for trips just about anywhere.

Any help would be great, love this site.

Take care,

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Boy, it'd be a long drive, but KY sure does have some great opportunities for camping. My girls are 5.5 and 2.5, and we camp all summer long here. Lots of great lake camping that have fantastic campgrounds. Good luck, glad to see you are getting them outside. That's important and will build that bond strong.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts
    The Snowy Range and Sierra Madres range in southeast WY would fit the bill. Lots of hiking trails, good mountain lakes. Should be able to see deer, elk and moose. Deer hunting sucks but the elk hunting is good and can be hunted on a general tag which can be drawn every year for the special tag.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ssliger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replies guys. Ky is a bit of drive that is for sure. ssliger, I am somewhat familiar with those areas generally speaking so I will look into it! Thanks for the help.