Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Something to think about: Last year in the big Horns during the October deer season, it was COLD. Some night time temps were dropping below zero at higher elevations in the northern part of the NF. Also, there was a lot of snow in the NF. I would not be confident in a 30 degree bag for the Big Horns during the second half of October. I am taking a 0 degree bag and a NeoAir XTherm pad this October to the Big Horns. It is better to have and not need than to need and not have...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin_guy View Post
    I could of went to a one person tent and dropped a 1lb-1.5lbs but me being a taller guy I thought the extra room was worth the extra weight plus if weather is wet it gives me room to store my gear also inside. Yes in a few years if all is goin good modifications concerning weight will be made.
    I'm 6'5" and let me tell you, I'm grateful I can stretch out in the 2man tent every time. Your adrenaline gets flowing once you hit that trail and you'll never notice the extra 2 lbs. I agree with all the other guys that have suggested it's a good start. The more you get into it, the more you'll become a gear-geek, the more indepth research and analysis you'll do on every element of your gear. This process is part of what makes the whole hunt so much fun.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Leaving sunday morning for the first trip of the year. Not hunting just some scouting and making sure the gear works before the actually hunting trip. Lets hope most of the snow is all but melted by then.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    Sure are Scott!
    Driving from eastern Ohio to western WY right now. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    I am going to get this thread rolling as I'm sure people are about to start really hitting the trail this weekend.