Threaded View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaviator View Post
    It's interesting that you say that we're not trying to kill a grizzly...I visited at length will a guy who was up here for a grizzly hunt. He hunted almost everything with a .220 swift. He felt it was the best killing cartridge on the planet and he did use it to kill his grizzly. Congratulations to him, I'm glad for him that it worked out.
    I disagreed with his choice, but it worked for him. My point would be that there are many calibers that give better assurance for a clean humane kill. Why risk wounding a fine animal, antelope or grizzly, just to say you killed it with a little caliber.
    Just my point of view, I know not everyone shares it.
    I know the old saying "dont knock success" but leave me out of a 220 swift and a grizzly bear!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post: