Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Slick Tricks or Shuttle T's or go for an Ulmer Edge?

I have narrowed down my broadhead choice this season to three options(Ulmer Edge, Slick Trick, or Shuttle T's). One mechanical and two fixed. I know there has been a lot of broadhead discussions I'm sure, and I know it's really up to me in the end but let's hear some advocates for each. Persuade me and show pictures if you have got them! I shot montecs for a few years and then last year I tried a rage hypodermic and had a very bad experience with a perfectly placed shot at 30 yards. I switched from montecs because they involved quite a bit of tuning from my field tips and they flew somewhat poorly after 50 yards.

What I want in a broadhead:

-Minimal tuning
    -Dependable(mechanical that doesn't open in the quiver or in flight)
    -Lots of pass throughs

Setup- Hoyt Faktor Turbo 80# 29 in draw, axis arrows with blazer vanes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The trocar is possibly up for consideration as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 3 Posts
    For what you want and desire from a head, either the Slick Trick or Shuttle T's will work. Can't go wrong with either......might want to look into Wac'em heads as well.......the BEST flying head out there during my testing with a Hooter Shooter machine.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BOHNTR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    I have heard lots of good things about the QAD exodus heads as well. I am also in the market this year. I have been shooting rage and muzzy mx3s and really am not overly happy with either. I have had two bad experiences with rage heads and have written them off for big game. They are now my turkey broadhead. I have been looking at the slick trick heads as well. Are all the slick tricks going to fly the same? I don't see much difference between the different heads.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Dont overlook the Magnus stinger buzzcut! They shoot just like field points at 60-65 yards and cut like nothing else. Very big wound channel and pass through.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhershberger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    I think you've narrowed it down to three of the best. Since I am in Oregon and we can only hunt with fixed blade broad heads. I went through this same exercise a couple years ago and the two I narrowed it down to were the Shuttle T's and the Slick Tricks. I went with the Slick Tricks and have been very happy so far. They are a stroke of brilliance when it comes to "KISS" (keep it simple stupid). I just love design that is done right and they definitely did it right.

I will hunt elk in Arizona next year and will be considering the Ulmer's Edge for that hunt.

I don't see how you can go wrong with any of those three. The advantage with the Shuttle T's and the Slick Tricks is you have a broad head that you can basically hunt any state with.

I love those three from a mechanical design perspective (my background). With that said, there are FAR better bowhunters on this forum.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Great input guys! I have added ramcats and qad exodus broadheads to the discussion as well, has anyone used a ramcat before???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yep, I've used them for years and they get the job done if I do my part. I'm currently playing with the rage Hypodermic and they shoot great. Still my magnus heads are my go heads for elk & moose size animals.

Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    Dont overlook the Magnus stinger buzzcut! They shoot just like field points at 60-65 yards and cut like nothing else. Very big wound channel and pass through.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I shot a Magnus Stinger head for years with good flight out of several different bow, and arrow combinations. I now shoot a Slick Trick Magnum and they fly very well also, and punch a great hole through an animal.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    For what you want and desire from a head, either the Slick Trick or Shuttle T's will work. Can't go wrong with either......might want to look into Wac'em heads as well.......the BEST flying head out there during my testing with a Hooter Shooter machine.
    +1 on the WAC'EM. Great penetration, very accurate and super sharp. Hard to beat.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelduster For This Useful Post: