Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    A lot of the no Sunday stuff goes back a long way. When I was in Texas in 1964/65 in the service, they were called "blue" laws. No liquor on Sunday, most stores closed till at least noon, etc. I think the no hunting was part of this originally. I think there are a few states (and especially counties) that have some of these laws still on the books.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Growing up they were BLUE LAWS.
    At least that was the laws for alcohol.

I remember my father having to drive to the next county to get beer.
    Our county was dry. Even as late as the early 80s when I departed for the SVC you still could't by alcohol on Sunday (Midnight SAT).
    Hunting regs took the same approach, as a kid we couldn't hunt Sunday. Not sure what year that changed it might even by county still today.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    A lot of the no Sunday stuff goes back a long way. When I was in Texas in 1964/65 in the service, they were called "blue" laws. No liquor on Sunday, most stores closed till at least noon, etc. I think the no hunting was part of this originally. I think there are a few states (and especially counties) that have some of these laws still on the books.
    Funny we were typing the same message CC!!!!!!!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Squirl! HAHA!
    Here is the squirrel I am chasing now. Thanks a lot MM. http://www.stupidlaws.com/laws/united-states/wyoming/

I didn't think some of these for Wyoming were that bad. I would not want to skydive drunk. Someone probably died doing it, so now there is a law.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Here is the squirrel I am chasing now. Thanks a lot MM. http://www.stupidlaws.com/laws/united-states/wyoming/

I didn't think some of these for Wyoming were that bad. I would not want to skydive drunk. Someone probably died doing it, so now there is a law.
    If I was going to skydive, I would have to be drunk!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BKC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    where i live u cant by beer till ten on sundays. 10-10. used to not beable to buy at all on sun. beer locker would have chains and locks on them. so we loaded up on sat as far as religious laws go..... the mountains are my sanctuary

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    where i live u cant by beer till ten on sundays. 10-10. used to not beable to buy at all on sun. beer locker would have chains and locks on them. so we loaded up on sat as far as religious laws go..... the mountains are my sanctuary
    Is that common in Idaho? I never herd that around here but never made a Idaho beer run on sunday morning either. Might have to try it in the morning. LOL. The liqueur store dont open till 11 am which is close enough to a blue law if you ask me!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post

"You may not make love in a freezer." Did someone get frostbite? LOL!

I notice most of them involve being drunk. Sounds like discrimination to me
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    "You may not make love in a freezer." Did someone get frostbite? LOL!

I notice most of them involve being drunk. Sounds like discrimination to me
    lol! What happens in the freezer stays in the freezer unless you have to go to the hospital, then there is a law. I think that getting drunk and doing something crazy is the state pastime. Its hard to discriminate when the lawmakers are right in the mix with you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There should be a law against expecting drunk people to remember all these laws