Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is everyone convinced of the accuracy of this? I'm hearing of people not drawing some tags that had 2 more points than was historically needed. I find this hard to believe.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbowers View Post
    Is everyone convinced of the accuracy of this? I'm hearing of people not drawing some tags that had 2 more points than was historically needed. I find this hard to believe.
    Only way to know is to see that stats when they come out later.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I meant the accuracy of the points update. Like maybe its not fully complete yet. Seems like too much of a point jump over multiple units I'm hearing about.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 7 Posts
    I think a lot of people are concerned about what CO is going to do with their point system. It is on the table this year when setting the next five year season structure. I'm concerned, that is why I applied for a elk hunt I believe I would draw, hoping to burn a pile of points.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbowers View Post

Its very possible for units to take a few more points in 1 year. Minimum points is not all that accurate. It should show the least amount of points anyone drew with even if only 1 person in that point class drew, but in the unit I applied for min points was 3 last year but going over the draw 1 applicant with 4 points did not draw. In units without alot of tags a change of just a few tags or a few guys applying that have just been getting points can make a big difference in how many points it takes to draw. I think alot have been sitting out after the bad winters and now that it is a little better more of them are getting in the draws.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 7 Posts
    In the Gunnison Basin units, there has been some major point creep the last few years with guys hoping to draw as the units recover from the bad winter several years back. It is on its way to recovery, but may not be there yet, even so there are some high point holders jumping in now.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Looking at 2010 thru 2013 data in the unit I want to hunt, the tags for 4th season went from 170 in 2010 to 20 in 2013 with only 17 going for non land owner draw (landowners got 3). There were 2 applicants that had 7 pts, 1 had 6 & 31 had 5. So you can see that only 14 people with 5 pts got tags even tho they say it took 5 pts to get a tag. Just bears out what MM said. Unfortunately last year I was one of the ones that did not get drawn as I only had 4. This unit in 2010 still took 3 points even with 170 tags. (These are all resident #'s, NR's are even worse, takes 15).
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 05-11-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations

Talking CO deer

CO took my deer points so 55 2nd season we come.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    In the Gunnison Basin units, there has been some major point creep the last few years with guys hoping to draw as the units recover from the bad winter several years back. It is on its way to recovery, but may not be there yet, even so there are some high point holders jumping in now.
    I think your right about that, looks like I waited 1 to many years to try and draw my tag. I pretty sure it's going to be at least 5 years from know before I have a chance to draw 67 3rd season. Could have drawn easy the last 3 years.

Good luck with the elk draw, hopefully 61 doesn't have any crazy point creep. I have a friend with the same points you do that's hoping to draw next year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've just never seen a 2 pt jump in creep for a 2nd deer season hunt. Very odd to me. I'm just wondering what the history of in accuracy has been in the back door? I know it's very inaccurate in New Mex. the back door there this yr told me I didn't draw...but 2 days later I got a successful notice.