Thread: Elk in 54

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Elk in 54

Has anyone hunted elk in this unit during the rifle season. I am an Idaho native trying to expand my horizons and not looking for any honey holes just some feed back good or bad. what's the access to public land? What's the snow situation like down there middle to late November. and I guess most important are there any deer down there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    what hunt u wanting that lets you hunt in november in 54?? 54 is a solid unit but a very hard tag to draw. lots of deer too, used to be a general archery hunt for deer and unless im looking at regs wrong all deer tags are controled in there now, i hope im looking at regs wrong cuz its a great stick bow hunt for deer. as far as snow in nov, it just depends. kind of the oasis between nevada and idaho deserts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry my bad was looking at deer in mid to late November and the elk hunt is in mid to late oct. I have relatives that live in albion but most don't hunt so they have no idea. I know they get a lot of snow down there on the ski resort. The hunts are all controlled hunts that you have to draw for. Just looking for some general feed back about the unit as far as public land access and the quality of the game if any.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    ill pm you