Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I have ZERO experience with the code red but have run the QAD on my last two bows (Hoyt AM 32 & my new Hoyt CST) with very good results.
    ^^^ This for me as well. I firmly believe switching to the QAD greatly improved my accuracy and grouping, especially out past 40 yards.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've shot and owned both and I lean towards the Code Red. Easy to tune, bulletproof design, great customer service, quiet, etc. Never had an issue with them. That said, I never had and issue with my QAD either. Probably the perfect post for not helping you out at all, lol. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have shot thousands of shots through my trophy taker sl rest with no problems. You can pick it up for $40, it is light weight, and very reliable. I'd say its the best deal on the market for drop away rests by far.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys thanks for everything QAD on the way can I install this by myself or should I take it an have it installed?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky hunter View Post
    Guys thanks for everything QAD on the way can I install this by myself or should I take it an have it installed?
    I would recommend having a archery shop put it on so they could tune it in for ya, unless you have the equipment to do it. They seem like they could be tricky to install unless you know what your doing, I've also had both of those rests and can't complain about either one. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky hunter View Post
    That really depends on your bow tuning knowledge and tools. If I had the tools, I would do it myself, and have before, but you definitely want to get it set up right. The hardest part is getting the rest to cock correctly as you draw back. This is when it is handy to have a friend watch. If not installed where the rest cocks all the way at full draw, it won't drop at all. Getting your center shot is easy, but splitting the cable and making sure it cocks is a different story. If it is your first time, have someone do it for you to make sure its done right and have them explain the steps to you as they are doing it.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)