Thread: Nasty Weather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts

Nasty Weather

Southern Wyoming really got pounded with snow the last 36 hours according to the news. The interstate is still closed. This is really bad news for all big game in the region as this is the time of year animals are weak from winter and many new fawns and calves are born. Hope it isn't as bad as I think it may be... Anyone out there with first hand reports?

We are cleaning up from the same weather system here in Nebraska. Many people lost their homes... It's a real mess but no serious injuries.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I live here in Cheyenne and I'd say we received 10-12" of wet, heavy snow, but its hard to tell for sure because everything drifts. I checked the snotel sites today and it looks like the Laramie Range got about a foot of new snow with the East part of the Snowy's getting about the same. It looked to me like the Sierra Madres got nailed with one of the sensors showing 30" of new snow in 24 hrs and I heard a rumor that Encampment received this much snowfall as well, but that was just a rumor.

As of this morning, I-80 was closed across the entire state but they've opened here in the last couple hours.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Central and northern colorado got a nice wet snow. Most of the state was way above the 30 year average snow pack so this is just icing on the cake. Hope some of this moisture made it out to the eastern plains. Farmers and ranchers need the moisture to get their crops going. It might take a while before scouting happens in the high country but I'm sure the grasses will be awesome !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BKC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We got about 10 inches in Laramie. A friend was in Encampment Saturday night and she said they got two feet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ssliger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My parents are snowed in on Happy Jack, but I think they enjoy that. Wow, I didn't know Nebraska got hit so hard at least there were no serious injuries. We were supposed to get snow, but it didn't stick. It seems like the last few years there has been a wet heavy snow in April or May and Memorial day you can pretty much count on rain or snow. Hopefully the animals made out ok. .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    The temps are rising quick enough that this storm won't knock huge numbers of deer and elk out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Good News!!!! Thank you Scott.