Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post

2013 KUIU Icon 5200 & 7000 - Durability Question

These packs are on sale on Kuiu's site; however, I have heard about issues with the pack fabric durability. The 2014 models are jumping from the current 160D cordura to 500D cordura with only a couple extra ounces difference. of course, the 2014s won't be on sale for a while, and having an extra $150-200 to spend on other stuff is never a bad thing. I'd really like to upgrade from my Eberlestock J107, if possible. That thing is one heavy beast compared to newer packs out there. Just looking for opinions if there are any out there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I used a 5200 for a few hunts and never had an issue with durability. Most ultralight packs will need to be handled with a bit more care than your eberle. I'm not saying they will rip for no reason. But dragging them on the ground in sheep country will tear them up pretty quick. Same goes for most "advanced" clothing material. It's tough. But it's no wrangler denim.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    I wouldn't hesitate to purchase either bag........I have the original 6000 and haven't had any issues with it. It has packed out 2 bulls, 1 cow, and 1 mule deer through sagebrush, buck brush, quakies, juniper/pine, and rock faces. I have yet to see a tear, but maybe that is just me keeping good care of it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recently got my icon 7200 in and although I haven't truly put it through tough paces yet. I'm highly impressed with the overall quality and design of this pack. Love all the pockets and organization capabilities. And super comfortable with 56 lbs total weight in it on a short 4 mile hike. East to adjust and compresses into a small enough size for daypack mode even with a moderate amount of gear. Agin kuiu gear impresses me well. We shall see if my initial impressions remain after my fall hunts.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    MWScott72,

Where did you hear about the Icon packs changing from 160D Cordura to 500D Cordura?
    I have the Icon 5200 and I like the layout and design. I can't comment on the durability since this fall will be my first hunt with this pack. I upgraded from an Ebelestock J34. The Icon 5200 feels much better when loaded up to about 65# vs the J34.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Check out the paradox , it hauls well and you can choose fabric based on desires

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 5 Posts
    I'll never go back to an Eberle since I jumped to a Kuiu and Mystery Ranch. They are some great packs and I really like the looks of Paradox, Stone Glacier and Kifaru also!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius