Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

AZ DIY Muley hunt over the counter tag

I'm planning on doing my first bowhunt, I'm a new hunter and dont have much experience except for predator hunting. I'm looking to stick a mule deer, early season somewhere close but with good numbers of deer. I live in Mohave county AZ, Just looking for some tips, areas and general information on peoples experiences. Thanks guys. Hunt hard.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Unit 6a,6b and 8 all overlap,be sure if you go cococino you read motorized vehicle regs.they changed the regs for national forest,and hauling out game.mule deer your going to have to hump it ..get a good pack.these units have good deer population.good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FINGERBUSTER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Unit 16a is right in your back yard it is hot in august, but if you hunt in the hualapie mts. above Kingman there are a decent number of deer. Any of the units north by Prescott, Williams & Flagstaff are good. 16a is close to home my advice would be get out & scout the unit this summer & pin point the bucks down. The more you can scout an area the better. We hunt 16a for Javelina & deer every January have yet to shoot a deer, but they are in there we are always concentrating on the javelina that time of year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to goinhuntn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sir, you live in a GREAT area!!! If you need some more 411....pm me....but I can tell you if you get out there and look for them you will find them!!! they are there!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunt Crazy in Ca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info, PM me and we can talk. Where do you hunt? I plan on doing this as an annual thing since I can buy tags OTC. Makes it good aslong as I put the work in.
    I don't have much, but I do have passion. Land, Air, Sea, HUNT!