Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Lib,

I plan to come out and fish even if I only draw doe antelope tags. I did explore the wind river side and probably buy a permit to fish there. Caught some monster bows on streamers under an indicator. Any idea on horn growth on the antelope in the Thermopolis area?
    I haven't been that direction yet this spring so I'm not sure on the buck quality in the area. The last time I fished the Big Horn around Thermop we knocked them dead using a streamer with a weighted bead head dropped from that. We were on a drift boat in Mid-August and fishing the deeper (cooler) parts of the river. I landed around 18 rainbows that day, all in the 2-5 lbs range.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Reason I asked is because we put in for unit 73 with 4 points. Its supposedly a pretty good unit from the people I've talked to that's hunted it and live in/around that area. I know its all about timing, but you could tag along with us for sure. Tons of public land. I've not looked into 83 at all. Only because it wasn't close to where we want to hunt MD. Now they've cut MD tags in the unit we applied in and we probably won't draw. Go figure.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I've decided to change my app to 73!! I've been kicking this around quite a bit and have changed it a half dozen times between 80, 75, 83 and 73. It's staying with 73 and I'm looking forward to the day draw results come out!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    I've decided to change my app to 73!! I've been kicking this around quite a bit and have changed it a half dozen times between 80, 75, 83 and 73. It's staying with 73 and I'm looking forward to the day draw results come out!!
    Cool!!! Good luck. Who knows, if we all draw and timing works out, maybe we can meet up out there. We will be camping and you're welcome to join us.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Makes you feel any better we seen an great antelope off Co Rd 104(I think it was 104) last year in 73, he crossed from 75. He was over 15" and awesome mass. Good luck on the draw.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I hope there are some nice bucks in 83 this year. I have to hope even harder that I'll draw it with only one point.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hope there are some nice bucks in 83 this year. I have to hope even harder that I'll draw it with only one point.
    ***Yep, with point creep and many units getting tag cuts this season, unit 83 may take more than 1PP this year to draw the tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I hope your wrong TG. I may not even draw my doe tags this year. I may have to hit you up for some cow tag info in your area if there are leftovers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hope your wrong TG. I may not even draw my doe tags this year. I may have to hit you up for some cow tag info in your area if there are leftovers.
    I think with a lot of these antelope tag cuts the G&F made for the upcoming season that you'll see some interesting stats when everything is posted next month. There will be a lot of leftover Type 7 cow tags and I've even thought about buying one, but the price is really ridiculous IMHO when I can get leftover antelope tags for $34 a piece. I may change my tune if there aren't any doe antelope tags available in July though, but I'll be surprised because they upped the number.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I think with a lot of these antelope tag cuts the G&F made for the upcoming season that you'll see some interesting stats when everything is posted next month. There will be a lot of leftover Type 7 cow tags and I've even thought about buying one, but the price is really ridiculous IMHO when I can get leftover antelope tags for $34 a piece. I may change my tune if there aren't any doe antelope tags available in July though, but I'll be surprised because they upped the number.
    We use to buy leftover doe antelope tags but after that harsh winter and tag cuts we are faced with either driving all the way across Wyo where the tags haven't been cut as bad or not going. We've elected to buy cow elk tags, the reduction in 3 tanks of gas and closeness to home has made us change to hunting elk instead of antelope .
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    We use to buy leftover doe antelope tags but after that harsh winter and tag cuts we are faced with either driving all the way across Wyo where the tags haven't been cut as bad or not going. We've elected to buy cow elk tags, the reduction in 3 tanks of gas and closeness to home has made us change to hunting elk instead of antelope .
    The way the elk are booming all over Wyoming at the present time that's a wise decision to try for some cows to help cut the herds back in many areas. It's great meat and I just wish the tag fees would be dropped some so that more people would take advantage of all the excess cows that need to be taken. I have close to 4000 miles for a round trip out there, so the gas cost is huge going by myself now after the other guys quit going and that money I'd spend for a cow tag goes for gas instead. Good luck on your hunt.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 05-29-2014 at 03:06 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post: