Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I met some guy in Colorado a few years ago from Ohio that drove out every year to hunts cows in Colorado. Just two of them I thought good gravy I'm being a tight wad complaining about driving 300 miles to hunt cows!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    We use to buy leftover doe antelope tags but after that harsh winter and tag cuts we are faced with either driving all the way across Wyo where the tags haven't been cut as bad or not going. We've elected to buy cow elk tags, the reduction in 3 tanks of gas and closeness to home has made us change to hunting elk instead of antelope .
    Woodtick: That area you were talking about deer hunting (142) I think almost always has leftover cow tags and it is usually a pretty long season. Especially on that Horse Creek Area. That is probably why you already changed to elk, though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Woodtick: That area you were talking about deer hunting (142) I think almost always has leftover cow tags and it is usually a pretty long season. Especially on that Horse Creek Area. That is probably why you already changed to elk, though.
    We hunt either above Cokeville on the Rock Creek/Dempsey area or over by Kemmerer/La Barge on the Commissary Ridge for cow elk.
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***Yep, with point creep and many units getting tag cuts this season, unit 83 may take more than 1PP this year to draw the tag.
    My grandfather didnt draw it last year with 2 pp in the special app.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    My grandfather didnt draw it last year with 2 pp in the special app.
    I checked the Wyoming draw results for last year. 2 points was 100 percent draw odds. Hopefully your grandfather draws this year. I'm hoping my father draws this year. Good luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I checked the Wyoming draw results for last year. 2 points was 100 percent draw odds. Hopefully your grandfather draws this year. I'm hoping my father draws this year. Good luck

Yep, something is screwy because the stats show that nobody applied with 2PPs and it went on into the <2PP pool where it was a 100% draw and then on into the 1PP pool where there was a 55.56% chance at drawing the remaining tags. Are you sure he had 2 PPs and entered the Special Draw because that's not what the stats show?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Yep, something is screwy because the stats show that nobody applied with 2PPs and it went on into the <2PP pool where it was a 100% draw and then on into the 1PP pool where there was a 55.56% chance at drawing the remaining tags. Are you sure he had 2 PPs and entered the Special Draw because that's not what the stats show?
    I was gonna say I poured through the draw odds and was certain with 3 general points I'd be a guarantee for 83. My buddy only had one point when we applied so he put in for special which last year was in the 50's%.
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    I apologize, he had only 1pp, last time I looked he had 2 (because he did not draw the 83 tag) but the year before I think it was 100% odds with 1pp in the spec app then dropped when he applied...go figure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    I apologize, he had only 1pp, last time I looked he had 2 (because he did not draw the 83 tag) but the year before I think it was 100% odds with 1pp in the spec app then dropped when he applied...go figure.
    Okay, as that's sort of what I thought might have been the case.