Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last year's leftover list

Does anybody have a copy of last year's WY leftover list? Deer is particularly what I'm interested in.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You can go through the draw stats and see what regions had tags left after all choices were filled. Otherwise I thing TG is selling it for $500 per copy. LOL!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Region M, F and Y pretty much every year for the last couple years
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Shoot me your email

Thanks
    Congratulations
    WapitiBob,
    My email address is:
    shootist_4@hotmail.com

Thanks. I did go through the draw stuff from last year, but I didn't know a way to figure out the leftovers because it shows all people's choices. If Region Y for instance was their 2nd choice I had no idea how many of those folks got their first choice. I might be reading it wrong of course.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just subtract all the applicants from the quota. Example if the quota is 500 and there are 200 1st choice, 100 2nd choice, and 50 3rd choice there would have been 150 leftover tags. I dont think 2nd and 3rd choice applicants that drew their first choice would showup anywhere but for their first choice.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Just subtract all the applicants from the quota. Example if the quota is 500 and there are 200 1st choice, 100 2nd choice, and 50 3rd choice there would have been 150 leftover tags. I dont think 2nd and 3rd choice applicants that drew their first choice would showup anywhere but for their first choice.
    Okay. I was thinking it showed everybody's application irregardless of whether or not they drew.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's not as straight forward as noted above.
    You need to know the draw sequence; res vs non res.
    You also need to know how the NR draw works because remaining Elk tags from a unit don't just move to the resident side. The Antelope draw has some quirks too. You can't calculate leftovers when only the NR side has been done, and when the resident side is complete/posted, the leftover list is also posted.
    2nd choice odds can be figured looking at the random draw stats, the exception being the GEN hunts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist View Post
    Okay. I was thinking it showed everybody's application irregardless of whether or not they drew.

Thanks.
    It's not quite as easy as MM has stated. In order to do what MM is saying you need to know the total number of tags available to the NRs for the unit or Region you are looking at. You can't just add the four draw totals from the odds section to determine that because of the way they roll tags from one draw to another to fulfill applications requests. However, it is fairly easy to do what he said if you're looking at Region deer tags because there is a list in the regs. showing the total number of deer tags allowed by the G&F for NRs for each region (M has 1000 and Y has 2000, as an example). To determine the number of leftover tags, if any, you would then need to go to the 4 draw odds and add up all the tags that were applied for and filled like he stated and then subtract from the total allowed to get your leftover number. For example, I did that for 2013 for Region M and came up with about 375 of the 1000 tags going to the leftover sale. It is obviously a lot easier if you save the leftover lists you asked for like WB does and can go right to them with no math needed. WB even takes it a step further and captures the time frames that it takes for some of the licenses to sell when they go on sale in July. He's the "go to guy" without a doubt if you have any questions about the draws in Wyoming!

EDIT: I see WB came on and made a post with a further explanation while I was typing mine relating why you can't do what MM stated on a number of the tags because resident leftover tags are dumped into the mix, but not on the NR deer Region tags.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 05-28-2014 at 12:54 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    2nd choice odds can be seen by comparing the tag quota the subtracting the 1st choice guys out. You then are left with a remaining quota for the 2nd choice apps. Just calculate that remaining quota to the 2nd choice applicants.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post: