Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts

Antelope Unit 83, anyone else put in for it??

I had a buddy put in for this unit seperately from me and he had to withdraw his application. I'm pretty sure I'll draw but I was in hopes I could hook up with a fellow Eastmaner and hang out for a few days chasing goats!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    A buddy of mine who subscibes to Eastman's, put his wife & nephew in for 83. He is not active on the forum, if they draw I'll let you know. They are a good family. Good Luck!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    Woodtick

I put in for it with one point but may not draw it. I've shot a few doe antelope there the last two seasons on private ground but haven't hit the BLM land yet. I've sen a few decent bucks there but no monsters. We could meet up if were both out there at the same time.
    PM me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    How many points do you have woodtick?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm not completely certain haven't checked since I put in. But it was either 3 or 4. I had originally put in for 75 but they've cut a substantial amount of tags out that unit. So I moved to 83, I've shot a ton of antelope in the units around Kemmerrer, Fontanelle and Farson. So I decided to put in for some different country and I don't think a guy should wait more than about 3-4 years to hunt speed goats. A Booner is a possibility in so many units in Wyoming that I figure go have fun, hunt hard and be happy with the outcome. I'll save my points for a giant in Nevada and Arizona.
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Reason I asked is because we put in for unit 73 with 4 points. Its supposedly a pretty good unit from the people I've talked to that's hunted it and live in/around that area. I know its all about timing, but you could tag along with us for sure. Tons of public land. I've not looked into 83 at all. Only because it wasn't close to where we want to hunt MD. Now they've cut MD tags in the unit we applied in and we probably won't draw. Go figure.

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Reason I asked is because we put in for unit 73 with 4 points. Its supposedly a pretty good unit from the people I've talked to that's hunted it and live in/around that area. I know its all about timing, but you could tag along with us for sure. Tons of public land. I've not looked into 83 at all. Only because it wasn't close to where we want to hunt MD. Now they've cut MD tags in the unit we applied in and we probably won't draw. Go figure.

I've decided to change my app to 73!! I've been kicking this around quite a bit and have changed it a half dozen times between 80, 75, 83 and 73. It's staying with 73 and I'm looking forward to the day draw results come out!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    I've decided to change my app to 73!! I've been kicking this around quite a bit and have changed it a half dozen times between 80, 75, 83 and 73. It's staying with 73 and I'm looking forward to the day draw results come out!!
    Cool!!! Good luck. Who knows, if we all draw and timing works out, maybe we can meet up out there. We will be camping and you're welcome to join us.

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've actually spent a little time in 73, lots of goats and a lot of tags from what I remember. I really appreciate the offer Cobb but I have yet to hunt 83 and I think I'm gonna stay in that unit unless something drastic happens within the next 3 weeks!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hear ya. This will be our first go at it. Really looking forward to the trip. Good luck bud!!

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker