Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bowtech Experience Speed/Energy

Have had my new bow for about a month and finally shot through a conograph and thought I'd share results.
    65lb with 29.5" draw
    420 gr arrow
    300 fps
    83 pounds KE

Not bad.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 6 Posts
    That seems like a fairly heavy arrow. What brand are you shooting? My speed set up (29.5" draw/30 inch arrow) is 367 grains with a 100 grain tip.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm shooting a little heavier grain arrow than that at 453 and coming out at 288 with my Insanity CPX and 28 inch draw. I love flinging arrows fast that still hit like a sledge hammer!
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm shooting the Beman Hunter 300. 28.5" arrow. I'm not too worried about speed and I think you'll find out that a heavier arrow may be a little slower but has more energy on impact. Compared to the days of old these new bows are so efficient. I don't like tight sight pins, takes away too much visability, and currently have 4 pins, 20, 40, 60, and 80 yds. I did a little test and at 20 yds using the 40 yd pin I'm 6 inches high and at 40 yds using the 20 yd pin am 6 inches low. So as long as I can judge within 10 yds of the actual animal, I really only need to split the pins if under 40 and greater than 20.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I bought a slider sight for that same reason. Everything was getting too clustered and I couldn't see well enough. I also went to the smallest diameter pin and only put 3 pins in the slider sight. Works like a charm right now! I'm shooting carbon express pile driver ptx shafts at 27.5 inches... love em
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)