Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mule Deer Advice?

I'm new to the forum and also new to Western Big Game hunting. I will be traveling to Wyoming the last week of September for my first ever Elk hunt. I'm an avid whitetail hunter from Mississippi and I love bow hunting the Midwest for whitetails. I'm currently purchasing points for Wyoming Moose and Sheep which will be a long time down the road. I'm looking for advice on other states and species. I would love a good bow hunt down the road sometime and also a good place for Mule Deer?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    25contender started a sticky about SW Montana hunting that might apply. The terrain, weather, etc. are very similar to his description. It is pretty well written. The Bridger-Teton National Forest you mentioned for your elk hunt is also pretty popular for mule deer, and if you draw is also a pretty good area for moose and sheep. There is lots of good advise around this site to search through. The deer have a little bit of a tough time of late, but it is still a good area, I think. There can be lots of hunters, but there is lots of country to cover, too. The bear, wolf, and cougar situation is something to look out for. Well, have a good trip and good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Colorado has lots of archery opportunities for deer and elk without alot of points. The info in the MRS should help you narrow down some states and areas to research!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"