Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowtown Intro

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cowtown Intro

Howdy from Cowtown to all my new fellow western hunters,

Hey Iím Barn, and Iíd like to say hello. Iím a 60 something vet who lives in the west too. Well, at least on the west side of Fort Worth, Texas. I took up Bowhunting a while back, and I have to admit Iím hopelessly addicted.

I love being consumed with all that being the best me as a bowhunter I can possibly be. I quit dipping snuff and drinking booze back in 2007 (because I couldnít be scent free while having a dip in and I didnít want to keep falling down while hunting,) and now enjoy spending all the money I used to spend to spend to be spittin and drinkin all the time. I enjoy all the new toys I can now afford (since Iím not drinkin and dippin) and I really enjoy all the self-satisfaction I get out of getting something accomplished toward the goal of going on my first, last, and only Ďhunt of a lifetime 2017í. Thatís gonna be when Iíve been 10 years sober and Iím celebrating that solemn occasion by giving myself a ĎSobriety Presentí. I want to take a respectable bull elk and a mature mule deer on the same trip if possible. I want it to be a back country camping adventure with my son and my daughterís son (only grandson).They may wimp out on it, but I wonít.
    Iíve purchased a lot of really good equipment and want to be able to use all of it competently by the time I get to that í17 hunt. Iím normally a public lands whitetail hunter who gets a kick out of the journey; from having the pin float the Easton FMJ dead center of that spot on the bag I was looking at, to feeling like my new compact Vortex scope, or Spot-Hogg sight, or Kennetrek boots is taking forever to get here. I know and accept the fact I am pretty anal about most of it. I love it!
    If I get and learn to use the all of this gear, (that Iíve got dreamed up in my head that I may possibly need) and will use the stuff well, Iíll succeed in getting my critters on the hunt and then I can and will be happy with the LBJ National Grasslands deer hunts I normally go on and Iíll be happy all the rest of my days.
    I do have another terminal illness, CO-PAD-POIS. Pronounced co-pad-pois. The Ďcoí part of co-pad-pois is pronounced like the sound a crow makes, without the w-sound on the end of the damn birdís call as she tells screams out to every other creature in the deer woods that is within earshot that ďSome guy is trying to sneak up on youĒ. The Ďpadí or middle syllable part of co-pad-pois has a silent d and is pronounced like the first part of the word particular. Like how particular and ridiculous I am about my over-research before I buy some particular new top end something I may or may not need on my í17 hunt. The Ďpoisí part of co-pad-pois is pronounced sort of like some French word would be, or the first part of the word oil.
    And co-pad-pois stands for (are you ready for this?) Crotchety Ole Phart And Damn Proud Of It Syndrome

THANKX and I look forward to all yallís help in getting me to and through my í17 hunt. Barn

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome aboard, now thats an introduction !!!!!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome to the site! Look forward to hearing about the preparation for your trip.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is a good introduction. I know a couple guys with that particular chronic illness myself, lol. Too bad I will never be able to pronounce it even with that great description. It took a long time to figure out why everyone snickered when I had to go north of Spokane along the Pend OReille River and pronounced it pretty much "Pend OReille" dang French anyway. Popo Agie River in Wyoming is not pronounced Poe Poe Aggie either. Why doesn't anyway correct me on this stuff? Well I got off chasing a squirrel. I look forward to hearing about your hunts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Welcome sir. Glad your here.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome barn!! Sure wish I could stop dipping. $4.25 a day adds up.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Welcome barn! Snuff is hard to kick. This Thanksgiving I'll be tobacco free since 2011. I must say, I still crave it, but I can definitely say that I've saved money and my health is better because of it. I too have changed my addiction from Copenhagen to archery. Good trade in my opinion. P.S. I played ball in Cisco for a few years and we took several trips to the stockyards if we ever got a chance off. Great town.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Welcome Barn and congrats on kicking the bad habits!

Cobb, you can quit. I quit and I was only pissed off about everything for 2 or 3 months
    Now I dont even miss it. First week or 2 is the worst.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    I would go insane if I quit chewing. $4.70 for a can of cope where I'm from. it seems worth it to me.