Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nevada OTC

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just getting started and new to hunting so any chance to hunt is good with me, I'm just thankful for the opportunity to chase a few deer. I need the experience and want to see more country. Where is a good area in the southern half of the state?
    I don't have much, but I do have passion. Land, Air, Sea, HUNT!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkypreos View Post
    I'm just getting started and new to hunting so any chance to hunt is good with me, I'm just thankful for the opportunity to chase a few deer. I need the experience and want to see more country. Where is a good area in the southern half of the state?
    I'm not super familiar with the south, maybe Hardstalk can jump in. I know the Pioche area produces some monsters.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about quail? Also what the price of a deer tag?
    I don't have much, but I do have passion. Land, Air, Sea, HUNT!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Nevada OTC

Also what the price of a deer tag?
    NDOW.org will have all of the information you need.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NVBird'n'Big For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    IKIC, I definitely wouldn't waste a point in the rubies either, I drew an area with 5 points I really wanted 2 years ago and had 1 point last year, over 200 tags left over for archery buck and some doe in the rubies (can't remember but I know there were rifle doe). A couple buddy's of mine have been hunting 17 for 10+ years and had tags. 19 tags leftover and I swooped one. Glad I did, I can bow hunt there every year for all I care. Some good bucks but ya gotta get back in there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    You already missed the main draw this year and since you have no points and just want to go hunting I would say to wait till the leftover tag list comes out and apply for the closest tag to you in the 2nd drawing. If I had no points and no other tag I would pickup a Ruby's ML tag in a heartbeat!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Ya seems dumb to me too. Why would you loose points if you buy a crappy left over tag OTC? Just crazy
    DO people with points actually use them on a leftover tag that can be drawn with 0 points? I can see 1 point if you are not building points and didnt draw and want to hunt every year, but more then that makes no sense at all to me.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    DO people with points actually use them on a leftover tag that can be drawn with 0 points? I can see 1 point if you are not building points and didnt draw and want to hunt every year, but more then that makes no sense at all to me.
    I would hope not. But like he said he's wanting the experience and if you don't have points why not? There are some big bucks in the Rubies during archery. A few years back Cam Hanes killed a big buck in the Rubies that was on the tv show. He was way high at a steep angle and the arrow went through the bucks back and out his chest taking out his heart. Those bucks migrate out of that country when the rifle seasons start.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    IKIC, I definitely wouldn't waste a point in the rubies either, I drew an area with 5 points I really wanted 2 years ago and had 1 point last year, over 200 tags left over for archery buck and some doe in the rubies (can't remember but I know there were rifle doe). A couple buddy's of mine have been hunting 17 for 10+ years and had tags. 19 tags leftover and I swooped one. Glad I did, I can bow hunt there every year for all I care. Some good bucks but ya gotta get back in there.
    With no points and a guy wants to hunt heck might as well.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I would hope not. But like he said he's wanting the experience and if you don't have points why not? There are some big bucks in the Rubies during archery. A few years back Cam Hanes killed a big buck in the Rubies that was on the tv show. He was way high at a steep angle and the arrow went through the bucks back and out his chest taking out his heart. Those bucks migrate out of that country when the rifle seasons start.
    Is that hunt on an Eastmans Video? I remember a shot like that on 1 of them.