Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Craig CO Elk Question

I just purchased a land owner tag for private land in units 4 and 441. I haven't heard back yet from either the landowner or guide to get pics yet of the kind of bulls that are representative of this area on either public or private land and I'm having a hard time finding pics online from this area. I got this hunt mainly because of what I've heard about the elk densities around Craig CO. This will be a mid-Sep archery hunt for me. If anyone has any pics of bulls taken in that general part of the state, I'd love to see them! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have hunted Unit 4 for elk. It was only once about 6 years ago on a Ranching For Wildlife tag on the 4 Mile Ranch. Lots of NF in the middle of the unit. The area we hunted was on the western edge of the unit. Lots of elk in the unit, but hunting can be difficult. Once you get the info you need on the PP you are going to hunt, send me a PM and I might be able to help some.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks CC. I'll PM you later.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not knowing where the ranch is, hopefully the have some ground conducive to elk in mid september? If the landowner is selling landowner tags, that ranch probably is not guided on, at least during your season. Maybe it is guided on when the elk are there, which could be in later seasons after snow moves them in?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    Not knowing where the ranch is, hopefully the have some ground conducive to elk in mid september? If the landowner is selling landowner tags, that ranch probably is not guided on, at least during your season. Maybe it is guided on when the elk are there, which could be in later seasons after snow moves them in?
    This is a guided hunt. Just haven't talked with the guide yet. I usually prefer DIY but this will be my first ever archery elk hunt so I decided to take the opportunity to learn the tricks of calling from someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltsheets View Post
    I decided to take the opportunity to learn the tricks of calling from someone who knows what they're doing.

All you had to do is ask Uncle Cecil? He'd had you calling them in from different states!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha thanks Eberle. I'm pretty stoked about the trip. When I get more info on it I'll give you a call and tell you about it.