Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Time to upgrade my GPS

Im looking to upgrade to a better GPS. I now have a old etrex. I am looking for recomendations on type's. I would like to keep cost around $250.Also need fairly simple for a guy who is not teck savvy. My old etrex came with an instructional dvd which was great to learn how to operate. Thanks for any help!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    I upgraded from the old Legend to the newer Legend HCx and also bought the Wyoming chip at the same time. That should be in your price range, especially if you watch the deals thay have on Amazon.com where I bought mine. It does everything I need in a GPS and is very similar to the old one in functions, but is upgraded and has the chip feature and colored screen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    Cabella's has the Garmin 62S on sale for 199 that takes the map chip. I'm tempted to buy one myself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    I have the 62 s with a map card and really like it. It is great on batteries too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Cabella's has the Garmin 62S on sale for 199 that takes the map chip. I'm tempted to buy one myself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I upgraded to a Garmin Oregon 450t and I really like it. I paid about $250 but that was on sale and I think they are quite a bit more regular price.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 65 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I upgraded to a Garmin Oregon 450t and I really like it. I paid about $250 but that was on sale and I think they are quite a bit more regular price.
    X2 I also really like mine as well.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I'm about as non tech savvy as they come, and I really like my 450t. It does everything I want my GPS to do. My only gripe would be that sometimes the screen sensitivity is a little inconsistent. I hate it when I accidentally drop pins.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I'm about as non tech savvy as they come, and I really like my 450t. It does everything I want my GPS to do. My only gripe would be that sometimes the screen sensitivity is a little inconsistent. I hate it when I accidentally drop pins.
    I have that issue sometimes too. Still getting used to the touch screen.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There was another thread on this topic not to long ago if you search it. There was some good ideas in there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The Garmin Oregon is back on sale. Either Google it or search at Amazon. The 550 T is $273 (a little beyond price range):

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Handhel...=garmin+oregon

I paid about $300 for one last year, upgrading from a Legend, and like it so far.