Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Agnes ul3

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish I would have bought the 3 instead of the 2. I normally hunt solo but my bro hunts with me occasionally and he had to share my tenet because the one he ordered hadn't showed up. That was a cramped deer hunt for sure. I would go with the 3 if you can stomach the extra pound and will hunt with other guys occasionally.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I solved the problem by owning both a Fly Creek UL2 and UL3. Great tents! The UL3 is really a nice two man tent. I hunt with my son often and we share this tent. Sufficient room for both of us, not much else but a few etra clothes. Most gear goes in the vestibule.

I use the UL2 when hunting solo. The closest thing to a perfect one man tent I have found. Enough room for me and some light gear, and I'm not laying against the tent all night long. I've used it on week long packpack hunts in Alaska in the rain, and it was great for just me. The UL1 hardly shaves any weight, and you need to be only half grown to use it comfortably.

There is no doubt the UL2 is the way to go solo. To me a pound is a lot to shave, and there is no need for the UL3 when alone.
    llp