Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by okielite View Post
    So you can have a rangefinder in your pocket but not attached to your bow. Makes no logical sense.

Dont understand why you can't have a go pro attached to your bow but you can have it attached to your hat. Makes no logical sense.

No lighted knocks? Makes no logical sense.

some states simply have outdated laws IMO.
    I agree 100%. who is making these laws/rules?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    I ran into a guy who got a ticket for a bow site with no battery in it he wanted to bitch an moan to me about it but did not get far with me. So yea even the battery out method can get you a ticket.

Whenever I am afforded the privilege to hunt another state I respect and follow the rules to a T out of respect for how the locals want it done. This is not the east coast style of hunting around here the rules in place are good and needed or we soon will be seeing a range finding scoped bow with 90% let off and a lazer site. Then someone would bitch that they can not use a crossbow with a range finding scope complete with lazer site and auto cocking system....

I think that it is a good medium reached right now here in Co - as if you cant kill something with a bow that shoots great out to 60 yards, a muzzy that can easily shoot 150 yds, or a rifle to 600 it is time to become a better HUNTER and rely less on TECHNOLOGY....

If any of the rules are too much for ya to put it blunt - either risk a ticket or dont come out. Frankly you will not be missed much if you are the type who chooses to duck the rules.

Not tryin to rile up any feathers but if you are coming out respect the laws as well as the locals and they will respect you back. If you want to change the laws join the CBA as they are the ones who give you a voice.

Now I wonder how many hunters will be putting a few extra tax dollars into helping build some schools when they come out? With about 60 million in tax revenue generated so far - all over the left hand cigarette behind the ear there will be a few !
    Last edited by ColoradoV; 08-09-2014 at 08:33 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColoradoV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    I agree with coloradov, hunting has gone from an almost equal pursuit between game and hunter to, almost certain death. I hunt bow and rifle I do not understand the ruling on allowing to have lighted reticles on ur rifle scope but no light on ur bow. But not my choice I follow the rules. And I have no problem with turning in others hat do not follow the rules, if you need to cheat in order to get urself a kill then please don't come out. I have no sympathy for anyone that disregards the rules no matter how stupid they are. In Colorado they kind of take away a to. Of advantages from bow hunters and muzzle loaders, (no sight lights, no electronics on ur bow, no scope on ur muzzy). But there's really no laws to rifle hunters, I have seen countless guys shoot from the road at elk or deer 700-800 yards away, miss and hen say well shit I didn't wanna walk that far anyways. They were verbally warned that it is illegal to shoot from the road. But honestly if you don't wanna walk to get closer to an animal why shoot at it? I guess my whole game in hunting isn't meat in the freezer to me it's to play the game with the animal and try and give hem advantages as well, that's why I live bow hunting it takes the distance equation out and puts me head on with the game . Sorry if I pissed anyone off but it's all the truth. But please follow the rules and hunt for the true meaning of hunting , not to show off ur trophy

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsumreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 3 Posts
    I had a long talk with 3 district wildlife managers and the rules are in place to keep archery and muzzleloading primitive. I agree with the laws because as technology keeps advancing, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand. If you don't like or agree with the laws then you have the choice not to come hunting here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granby guy View Post
    I had a long talk with 3 district wildlife managers and the rules are in place to keep archery and muzzleloading primitive. I agree with the laws because as technology keeps advancing, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand. If you don't like or agree with the laws then you have the choice not to come hunting here.
    I completely agree. This reminds me of a commercial by a famous pro hunter that talks about how the animals we hunt have evolved and are smarter, but that so are we. Well, we evolved from throwing rocks and spears to shooting at well over 1000 yards and with electronic aiming devices, using drones and 24/7 cameras...etc. The animals maybe run a little sooner or faster. Had they kept pace, they would be shooting back at us by now!
    I do think that many of the regulations are in place to make it a little bit harder for us, which may just force us to improve our hunting skills, not just our gadget skills.
    With that said, some of the regulations don't make much sense. So we should attend the regulation meetings and see if we can influence the regulation makers to change them. It's a very public process, in Alaska at least.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AKaviator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    So we should attend the regulation meetings and see if we can influence the regulation makers to change them. It's a very public process, in Alaska at least.[/QUOTE]

It is very public in most states and I have seen several times where 1 person at a meeting has been able to get something changed in the regulations. The use of crossbows in regular bow season was done this way in Nebraska. Not so easy to get it thrown out. I also have become concerned about the long distances that some Bowhunters are taking game today compared to years ago. The bows are amazing and capable of it and I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just not comfortable with the idea. I know the excitement for me increases inside of 30 yards and at 10 yards is through the roof. Primitive hunting is just that and I wish it would stay that way. One thing I have learned though is nothing ever stays the same.
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NE69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have you ever attended a Colorado Commission meeting? I have several times and I came away thinking I just talked to a wall! They all are appointed by the Governor and only 1 is a representative at large who supposedly represents "sportsman". We had a meeting in Durango several years ago that a few of us attended to speak on the issue of "non migratory" waterfowl, specifically Canada Geese. As we have a large population of them that are here year round and really are a problem to the farmers, the golf course & parks, we wanted a larger bag limit prior to the migratory birds getting here, like Maryland has. Could not get on the agenda before the meeting and spoke during public comments. They all looked bored and said thanks and someone would look into it. Never heard a word. I've had several discussions about different topics with the local area Game Office Manager, same results. Just seems to be hard to get anyone to listen.

Just sayin..................
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Did they change the rule about broadheads? I remember reading that the blades on ur broadhead could not be curved

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    CC, I agree that usually it is like talking to a brick wall at those meetings. I imagine there was some inside happenings or strong connections when a lone person gets anything done at a meeting. I have never attended one in Colorado and I totally respect anyone that does and tries to get something changed for the better.
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NE69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Idaho is same way, no lighted nocks, no mechanical heads, no electronics on bow or rifle. I have no problem with this. lighted nocks would be nice but oh well. mechanical head wont kill any better than a fixed blade and with a fixed blade u don't have to worry about the blades not working right. as far as a camera on the bow, I guess depending on the officer that stopped ya, here in Idaho I don't think they'd give you much of a prob, some will though. for those that use traditional bows, that is awesome and that is on my bucket list. people kill large animals every year with a recurve or long bow, to me.... these guys are true hunters that have really perfected how they hunt. if you can bring a beast down at close enough range for a traditional bow then that is true skill. I use a compound and rifle and I love it but as hard as I hunt...... killing one with a traditional would be by far more epic. I think a lot of us expect a kill and expect the states to do everything they can to help us get 100% success every fall, we have to use what we have and make it work.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post: