Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoV View Post
    Whenever I am afforded the privilege to hunt another state I respect and follow the rules to a T out of respect for how the locals want it done. This is not the east coast style of hunting around here the rules in place are good and needed or we soon will be seeing a range finding scoped bow with 90% let off and a lazer site. Then someone would bitch that they can not use a crossbow with a range finding scope complete with lazer site and auto cocking system....
    this post would make sense if the locals were truly making the rules out in CO....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    GoPro does have a head mount. I don't have any problem at all with keeping a clean bow.

I do think the ban on lighted nocks is completely ridiculous. It's for recovering game, for Pete's sake. I can't find any good argument against a lighted nock. All I see quoted is that it is a start on allowing electronics. Really? For a state that just legalized a gateway drug, that's pretty ironic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    GoPro does have a head mount. I don't have any problem at all with keeping a clean bow.

I do think the ban on lighted nocks is completely ridiculous. It's for recovering game, for Pete's sake. I can't find any good argument against a lighted nock. All I see quoted is that it is a start on allowing electronics. Really? For a state that just legalized a gateway drug, that's pretty ironic.
    I am not an archery hunter and don't have a dog in this fight...BUT to compare legalization of pot with hunting regs is just plain crazy. The approval of pot was done by a voter initiative and NOT backed by the state. There are a lot of things that government does that seem stupid (and a lot are!), but if hunters would take notice of how the proponents of legalized pot got it approved, whose to say they couldn't get enough voters signatures to get something they want on the ballot and legalized!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post

I agree with the primitive idea and the reasoning behind limiting hunters. I see the lighted nocks as a tool that benefits both the hunter and the game as their proper use should result in fewer lost animals. If a hunter can see exactly where his arrow hit, then he should have a better idea of when to pursue. One idea I hadn't considered when I typed my original post is that the law makers may have this rule to try to limit the range that hunters shoot at. The idea being that ethical hunters may restrict their distance since they won't be able to see point of impact as well. Removing this tool may keep a few ethical hunters to lower ranges but IMO the ethical hunters aren't the problem. Beyond this reasoning, I can't come up with a good reason for the rule? Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All you guy's really shouldn't get your panties in a wad. There is a process that has to be gone through before anything is changed here in Colorado. The Pope & Young Club may have changed their stance on lighted nocks and cameras on bows with a flick of the pen but it doesn't happen that way here in Colorado. The Colorado Wildlife Commission is the agency responsible for any changes in the laws. They are the people you need to send your comments to. Gripping about it on a website isn't going to get you anywhere. There most likely won't be any changes this year but I'd bet next fall will be different.