Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    Good info here. Keep it rollin'!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alright here we go.................when using a decoy get as close you can, preferably 200 yrds or closer before raising the decoy (get in his territory), and make sure the buck doesen't see you put it up. This can be tricky and I know it's been said many times before but no matter how flat the country looks there is usually more contour than one would think. Study the lay of the land and go for it! I have attempted many stalks that were not ideal conditions, but like I mentioned earlier, with antelope hunting you can get many stalks in a day. The more you try, the more you will learn. Oh, I almost forgot, make sure you invest in a good pair of knee pads and pick up a copy of Mike Eastman's book, Hunting Trophy Antelope..............and don't leave home without it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I know some guys that killed nice antelope with a bow out of that unit. They set up on water holes. Now is the time though to go scout and put your blind up to mark your hole. Good luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    if you put your blind up now remember to put your name and phone number in it in a bottle so people can find out when you will be hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another thing to consider when deciding wich way to hunt is the fact that when you sit on a water hole, you are more limited to the antelope that will frequent that hole. When you spot and stalk you can choose which goat you want to go after. Just something to take into consideration when looking for a trophy antelope. Not saying that the B&C bucks don't have to drink, but just something to keep in mind. The trick here if sitting on water would be to get some good scouting in to try to determine which antelope are watering at which hole, as they are territorial animals.
    Last edited by Pronghorn73; 06-05-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If your hunting public land, just set your blind up the morning of your hunt. This is if your using a portable fold out blind. My experience has been the antelope don't care. Just make sure you have no moving pieces flapping in the wind when the blind is set-up. The quickest way to spook the antelope, is movement or sound of the blind.
    >>>----------------->
    Strother Inspire
    Gold Tip Kenetics 300
    Ripcord Code Red
    Tight Spot Quiver
    Black Gold Ascent
    Landshark by Simmons Sharks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Your right on Stringmusic, last year about 20 head watched my brother and I set the blind up in the evening and the next day they came right in. The day after that we got to the blind a little late and they busted us getting in from about 1000 yrds, we watched them for 6 hrs and the buck pushed his does right in...........fatal mistake, my brother took him at 30yrds. The cool thing about this particular pond we sit on is it sits right under a small mountain and the antelope come over the top from the west in the morning and we have a perfect view of them as they feed down to the water. They get to the pond between 1:00 and 2:00 every time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hunted pronghorn in Oregon out of a blind and in Wyoming spot and stalk last year with the bow. I would say the most productive way to get within easy bow range is out of a blind. It isn't as boring as I expected and I look forward to doing it again.

How pronghorn react to a new blind depends a lot on where your hunting and how dry it is. I tried to set up the day of the hunt last year and never had an animal come near the first three days and I watched them drink there from a distance the day before season. There was more water close by and given the option of accepting the new blind or going elsewhere they choose to go elsewhere. I was set up and in my blind in the dark so it wasn't that they caught me. I later moved to a much drier area and they came to water the day I sat the blind up. I guess it is obvious that to hunt a blind you want thirsty critters! THe thing is the best bucks were in the area with a lot of water....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I spot and stalked my antelope (same antelope) at least 15 times before I sealed the deal. Great accomplishment for me, but I doubt I'll ever do that again. It just so happened that I was on a jobsite that allowed me to hunt every morning and evening.

I'm just not wired to sit and wait.