Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyone has a great and safe Memorial Day weekend! Thank you to all that have served and continue to serve this great nation!

Sent from my iPhone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElkTrout For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    It's been a great one so Far! Thanks
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks, I also wish everyone a good weekend

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Wife and I took a drive today (before the crowds get here) over to Vallecito Res east of Durango. Lake is completely full and the fishing is great. We will be there in our RV in 3 weeks. Nice place and only about 75 miles from our homplace. We looked at a RV lot (1/4 acre) with all the hookups, storage building, landscaped, firepit, etc and are thinking about buying it. Can keep out trailer, boat & quads there for the summer and commute. Really close to some decent wilderness access for hunting too. They are asking $50k which seems pretty reasonable. We'll see..................

Staying home for the weekend as I need to get the boat ready and tune up both quads & change the oil in them. I'll do some fishing in my pond and fire up the grill and ice down the cervesa. Hope everyone has a safe holiday. As a disabled veteran I celebrate the memories of friends I lost while serving their country with a toast to them for their sacrifice so we can have and keep or freedom. Bless them all.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 05-23-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    It's been a great one so Far! Thanks
    Cause you drew an AWESOME deer tag!!!

I really appreciate all of those that have served and made the ultimate sacrifice to make this country what it is allowing me the chance to do the things I love!
    Last edited by woodtick; 05-23-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I would like to clarify what Memorial day is for. It is for what I consider the true heros, the ones that gave all and didnt come home alive. Veterans Day is to honor living vets. Please give this day of honor to the ones no longer with us that it is for.

"Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces are remembered.[1] The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May,[2] was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service."
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I would like to clarify what Memorial day is for. It is for what I consider the true heros, the ones that gave all and didnt come home alive. Veterans Day is to honor living vets. Please give this day of honor to the ones no longer with us that it is for.

"Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces are remembered.[1] The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May,[2] was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service."

Well said MM!! Thanks to all the fallen heroes who helped give us what we have today. Hope everyone has a safe memorial day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mnhoundman For This Useful Post: