Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

THOR Ballistic tip or hollow point

So aside from accuracy, because I wont be able to test that for a few more months, which bullet is better for elk hunting in Colorado- the 247gr hollow point or the 300gr ballistic tip THOR? Was also thinking of trying the Hornady FPBs but not sure which grain bullet would be best here either??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    FPB's are good if your gun likes them. I shoot 300 grain FPB's in my 50 cal Knight in CO. What ML do you have? Its 1 of those things you just have to experiment with until you find a load and bullet that works well in your gun.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 7 Posts
    The 350 gr FPB's with a 130 grs of 777 pellets shoot lights out in my CVA Kodiak Pro Magnum!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think you need at least 300 grains for an elk. I went with the tipped thor.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    I talked to the owner at Thor. He says he is pretty much done producing the hollow-point because most people wanted the ballistic tip. He said that the hollow point were actually a pain to produce because all of the bullets he ordered from Barnes were ballistic tip and then he drilled out the plastic tips for the hollow points.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shoot a CVA Optima with a 24" barrel. I was planning on trying the FPBs and the Thors when I get home. I am going to use BH209 powder and CCI 209M primers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm shooting the 300 gn FPB in front of 100 grains of blackhorn 209 with CCI 209M in a CVA Optima Pro, seems to be working out fairly well so far! Granted, I haven't fired a muzzleloader prior to this spring in a few years, so I'm not sure if good is actually very good, or just in my head...