Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor?

Hybrid View

Eastmans' Staff / Forum Administrator
    Thanks

Rumor?

Rumor has it that the final New Mexico bill on the new percentages (Resident, Nonresident Guided, Nonresident DIY) has changed to 84%/10%/6%. That would be 16% of the tags to nonresidents - down from the current 22%, but up from the proposed 10% total. So for you DIY guys, you might end up getting 6% rather than the proposed 2%. Thoughts?
    Adam Bender

Thanks
    wow that's the first I heard of this. Well it's better than the original plan.
    Brian
    Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
    www.blueskieshunting.com

Thanks
    I think it sucks but what can you do as a non-resident? The guide lobbies are fighting hard to keep their system in place, the residents want more tags, unguided non-residents don't have a voice, so they are who is going to keep taking the hit. It is still nice to have a state out there that is a straight lotto without preference points, though.

My question is on the timing of all this - I'm assuming its starting for the 2012 draw? Or will it affect the draws this year?

Thanks
    This would go into affect for 2012 season, but let's hope it's not a done deal yet.
    Brian
    Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
    www.blueskieshunting.com

Thanks
    it's supposed to go to the senate floor today for a vote. if it passes here, then its on to the House. far from over.
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    This will be the year to draw.... It is a shame that they are dedicating more tags to guided hunters than DIY hunters. All non-residents should be in the same pool.... Take what we can get I guess!!!

Thanks
    I've sent a number of emails and the reps have seemed willing to listen before they made their votes. Lets hope for the best (unless your a NM resident).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    I've sent a number of emails and the reps have seemed willing to listen before they made their votes. Lets hope for the best (unless your a NM resident).
    There is no "best" alternative, unless the governor removes the outfitter welfare stipulation prior to signing it.

Thanks
    My understanding is that they will also require a small game lisc. purchase plus app fees and they won't have any points. If this holds, the odds vs the price is not worth it to me. I assume odds might be better as I think many will drop out also. If they had a points system where you'd eventually draw, then it's be more like many other states and I'd go for that but I'd haven't heard that's ever been considered. I'd speculate if that happens, that might also bring more hunters to CO which doesn't exite me either but we'll see how things turn out.

Thanks
    unless you're a resident huh? thanks alot
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything