Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rumor?

Thanks
    I like everything Mrelite has said about UBNM. I liked enough of what Jesse told me previously to become a member. Nobody else is doing anything in NM. I certainly don't know for a fact considering all I know is what I read from them online, but the organizers certainly seem passionate about bowhunting and concerned enough about NM's broken system to take action. They also have enough concern for NR's to require 2 NR board members. I understand they had to take a position on this latest revised legislation, and were stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am not close enough to the politics to make a judgement on that. The bad thing is the rule changes will likely stand a long time because even if the impact is negative, politicians don't like to admit they were wrong by changing it again.

This is obviously a grass roots organization and it will take time to gain any influence with legislators, but it has to start somewhere. That is why I joined. I hope they grow and keep a least a flicker of a torch burning for real hunting heritage, not money, as the politicians are making it everywhere in every state.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    Mrelite,

I don't believe you have any interest in the 85/15 split. Your group, UBNM, led the charge to get legislation passed, and tried to snooker NR to support UBNM at their own peril. I would applaud a 85/15 split, with all NR in one pool, but I have no faith in you or UBNM leading this effort.

B
    great to see the UBNM getting some recognition here for such a young organization. even if you do obviously have an ax to grind. lets hear what your real issue is with NM and or the UBNM and maybe we can work the issues out. you seem to be a very bitter person for some reason Bill, but i think we can work thru this.
    Last edited by trophyhill; 03-29-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    Latest rumor is: Gov. Susana Martinez still has not signed Senate Bill 196 and today is the last day or the bill is dead. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    yeah from what I heard she doesn't want to mess with the economy of New Mexico, Wow, A smart and not greedy politician, these could be a first.
    Brian
    Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
    www.blueskieshunting.com

Thanks
    The deadline has passed, noon MST. Nothing is updated on the NM legislature website yet.

Thanks
    Governor Martinez signed the bill!!!!

Thanks
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh well, better start saving for landowner tags

I think what made me more mad than anything in the whole bill is giving all the cow elk tags to residents. I guess all non-residents are rich oil barons and won't shoot an elk less than 350. Oh wait, wouldn't those guys be in the outfitter pool?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh well, better start saving for landowner tags

I think what made me more mad than anything in the whole bill is giving all the cow elk tags to residents. I guess all non-residents are rich oil barons and won't shoot an elk less than 350. Oh wait, wouldn't those guys be in the outfitter pool?
    the fact is that most non residents don't come to NM to kill cows. there may be a few but for the cost of a cow tag here in NM most i know would opt for a CO OTC ES tag.
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies Hunting Advent View Post
    yeah from what I heard she doesn't want to mess with the economy of New Mexico, Wow, A smart and not greedy politician, these could be a first.
    our economy is no better than it is anywhere else. our governor needs to mess with it starting with getting rid of liberal policies and the corruption in our state.
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    I don't have a dog in this fight but if you will forgive an outsiders opinion, I think this whole thing is just another sign of follow the the money. Non Residents, residents, my state, your state, at the rate it is going within just a few years if you don't have very deep pockets you won't be able to hunt anywhere. Trophy fees, Auction Hunts, Governors Tags, and in fighting amongst ourselves is doing almost as much damage to our sport as the anti's.
    I know nothing about percentages of tags for one thing or another , all I know is that every year it seems my choices become smaller and smaller about what or where to hunt. I have seen an Oregon resident on the first time ever buying a license and tag, draw and harvest a sheep that I have spent a good portion of my life waiting to draw. Is this fair? What if it was a Non resident! Just because someone has the financial ability to travel from state to state and pay the fees for the trophy hunts do they deserve any more chance than someone who doesn't have the deep pockets?
    I say we are becoming our own worst enemy. We should be working together to enhance hunting access for residents and nonresidents alike, not make it harder!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life