Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Archery Cow advice unit 74

I have a question for anyone that might be willing to give me a pointer. I am going to unit 74 with my 67 year old dad. I only archery hunt and he put in for a muley blackpowder tag. It is in the southern end near the canyons. He and a group have gone there for 20 years and tend to kill a raghorn each year. This could be one of his last trips and I chose to go with him in lieu of Montana private land. I am physically fit and hills dont bother me - I have hiked above tree line etc.. - I certainly am not interested in trying to prove to the world that someone from out of state can come and kill one of your 300" elk - I would like to partake of one of your fine delicious cow elk if i can find one. He tells me they stay in the canyons - could someone please verify that as a truth? I have spent enough money on mounts and i am more into pictures and meat now adays. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have hunted 74 and live about 25 miles west of it. I'll send you a PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks - I appreciate it. I am making this year about my pop in lieu of about me. I dont know how many more times I will get to go an adventure with him. I figure it there is a big boy out there for me one more year of growth will be worth it anyway. He doesnt see like he used to anymore. I am hoping the least I can do is get us some meat to bring home. If you ever decide to go hunting around Grant I can probably give you a pointer- might not be much - would require packing in - but there are some extremely well decorated animals in that area.