Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts

What did you draw and what's your strategy?

I thought is would start a new thread and let that OTHER one die off. Hahaha

What Nv tags did you draw and what are your strategies for getting your hunting plans together for your hunt?

I drew a great. Deer tag very close to home.

I do know the area well but not the whole mt range I plan on hunting. I started this weekend on google earth looking for springs and water holes that I don't already know about. I found quite a few. Now I'm on the fence on game cams. My season is long and I have plenty of time to scout but to have eyes on even when I'm not there is tempting and I'm leaning toward using a few.

I have some gear I need for this hunt and will be upgrading this summer. I also have a new rifle that needs a scope and range time to be ready.

I also drew a late season cow elk in 222. I also know that area well and won't need to scout and will make a hell Mary 3 day weekend hunt for some much needed meat for the freezer.

My wife drew a doe antelope in 151-155 and we also know the area well and again will be a weekend trip.

Can't wait to go hunting. It's been 4 years for me a 2 for the wife.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I drew archery antelope and deer. I will get some info from a great friend and have been scouting once. Also I have been on google earth and found around a dozen waterholes to check out.

My plan for antelope is to scout a couple weekends for my tag and then for my dads Sheldon tag. Also have friends giving us info on that hunt. Will spend time on google earth and scouting it.

For deer I will hopefully make a summer trip or 2 and scout it out. Maybe make 2 blinds at waterholes for people that will need to use them. Also will set cams out to see if the bucks are using the same water consistently.

But I may not hunt for my antelope. With school and my dad drawing one of the best antelope tags in the state, I might be focused on getting him a big pronghorn and stash another point for next year.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

3. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Mine is simple, just find a B&C antelope and shoot it! lol Going on atleast 1 scouting trip and plan to get there atleast a week before the season opens!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Mine is simple, just find a B&C antelope and shoot it! lol Going on atleast 1 scouting trip and plan to get there atleast a week before the season opens!
    #KEYSTONE, you have to wait until season to shoot one. Can't shoot one scouting lol
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I have an area 6 cow tag..been looking at maps online, talking with friends and family that have hunted there. I hope to get a scouting trip in to familiarize with the area. Area 6 is huge! Good experience for when I draw 6 late deer. ;p

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    #KEYSTONE, you have to wait until season to shoot one. Can't shoot one scouting lol
    Good thing we got that cleared up! HAHAHA!
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Good thing we got that cleared up! HAHAHA!
    Now I did hear you can tie them up to a tree next to a big rock and a little sagebrush

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Now I did hear you can tie them up to a tree next to a big rock and a little sagebrush
    Jason GNV would sneak in and get them on me
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    [/QUOTE].
    I also drew a late season cow elk in 222. I also know that area well and won't need to scout and will make a hell Mary 3 day weekend hunt for some much needed meat for the freezer.[/QUOTE]

Dude! I think that's like my cardinal sin when it comes to hunting. Every time someone says "oh that will be an easy hunt" and they are referring to me.. I cringe! I've gone into a few hunts with that mentality. And came out beaten to piss and empty handed.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    My strategy is to a. Scout sheep, and then b. scout sheep. Nv archer and my old boss drew sheep tags close to home. Hopefully I can see at least one cliff dweller hit the dirt this year. Plan c... Hopefully I can find one of the 15 deer that call kingman az home and make something happen. D. Family vaca in Florida, wife has given the blessing of bringing home a dead gator.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!